About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 142842 views.

Congratulations!! It is always so great to see another successful quitter make it to the One Year Clubhouse! It's monumental. All that hard struggle got you to this point. Year 2 is a breeze so just keep up the great job and watch out for that just one thinking as it takes 2 years to have an 80% chance of remaining quit for life. You are truly going to inspire new quitters as they all need the hope that the misery does end. You've proven that you are no sissy! Way to Go!

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

Jan2185

3/4/20

yayaay thank you for your kind words Debbie :D... 

Jan sunflower

cmw0822

3/17/20

Hi Susan..so sorry for the delay.  Had issues with getting email notices that I have messages on the forum.Thanks so much for the good wishes..when did you quit?? I hit one year today and it's almost surreal that I am here...that I made it!! Taking this an hour at a time to start, then a day at a time makes it seem like forever sometimes.  But after one year, I am so very grateful to be smober!! With all this virus pandemic,  my lungs at least have a stronger fighting chance than they would a year ago. Wherever you are in your quit, dont EVER give it up.  Dont ever look back, there's nothing there worth going in reverse. Take care and NOPE!!! Cheryl 

cmw0822

3/17/20

Hi Asad..I want to say your excitement about quitting and your encouragement to all of March 2019 quitters was such a help! Congratulationd to you!! I pray your quit lasts a lifetime and that you never miss that old nicodeamon..he's only trouble and sorrow.  In this time of virus fears and shut downs stay healthy and safe,  Asad! 

• Edited March 17, 2020 7:53 pm  by  cmw0822
cmw0822

3/17/20

Hi Denim.. seeing your name here brings back good memories to me. You have always been kind to me and supportive as well. I am one year today and pray that all us quitters stay smober sisters and brothers forever!! Take care and stay healthy and safe in these trying times.. many hugs... Cheryl 

cmw0822

3/17/20

Debbie..you were always an inspiring, dedicated mainstay when I started my quit journey one year ago today. You are someone with genuine determination and are to be admired. Many thanks for all your posts that helped me get from day to day ..you are a winner.  Stay healthy and smober!!! NOPE always! Cheryl

Jan2185

3/17/20

Hi Cheryl,  I just wanted to say Congratulations to you for tomorrow when you will have completed a whole year... like you i found it hard to imagine that a whole year had gone by but it has and we have succeeded in staying smoke free for all that time :D

Very very well done 

Jan sunflower

cmw0822

3/17/20

Hi Jan.. thank you for taking the time to congratulate me.. that's one of the things I like most about this forum.. there are so many caring people here, like you. I am not techy enough to add a key, even though Mod Andrea was kind enough to explain it to me, bless her. I just can't get it to work.  I am just so happy to be be smoke-free! Especially now with this respiratory Covid 19  virus out there..our lungs need all the help they can get! I pray that you are a success with staying smober for the rest of your life.. which will be much longer now with happy lungs.  Never look back.. there's nothing in the past for you.  Hold your NOPE..not one puff EVER! May our Lord bless and keep you safe,  Jan.  Your smober sister,  Cheryl

cmw0822

3/17/20

Jan.. you deserve all the kudos... you climbed the mountain and are now a five star winner! It's a tough journey with SO many temptations but God gives us strength that gets us to this point. So celebrate and be proud of the new, very improved you!! 

I'm so glad to have helped you in your quit, I am going to help out with this Corona Virus by coming out of retirement. I'm a nurse and feel the call to help out. Once this virus over taxes the nursing staff many of us retired nurses can help out in various ways. I sure hope you stay safe and help out your family and friends get through these very difficult times. I'm so glad I quit smoking as smokers are at a much greater risk of getting seriously sick with this virus. Take care.

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013