About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 142423 views.

Thanks Marilyn,

Craves were intense yesterday after we did the fortnightly shop, I was almost comatose packing the groceries into their bags, just following routine. I made myself a coffee and settled down afterwards.

This can be crippling this addiction, but I remembered my vow not to smoke and so did not take that route. I can and will take advantage of that quit muscle your sending my way.

Kind regards

Anthony

PS love your key

One day, 7 hours, 44 minutes and 5 seconds. 39 cigarettes not smoked, saving $39.57. 

Paula266

3/2/19

Ok I have to ask. What is fortnightly. I like learning new words. My friend Liz in England is good at making up her own words. She says niggle for annoying. Don't ya love that feeling when you beat the crave. Its like Im in slow motion running thru that strip of paper across the finish line and the crowd is standing and cheering. Lol. Keep on NOPE-ing. You are winning. Freedom is yours.

• Edited March 2, 2019 1:37 pm  by  Paula266

A Fortnight is two weeks,

And as weekly is to weeks

So Fortnightly is to Fortnight

Once every two weeks Paula

Kind regards

Anthony

Rassister

3/2/19

Hey, March is a fabulous month to quit.  The first two to three weeks are usually windy and/or rainy.  Stay inside and don’t smoke.  The last week or two, you can get out there and start your walks back up and send me some great photos.  Still have your kangaroo picture.  I did some research and found out that they are not all “cute and cuddly” as portrayed here in the states. I actually did a few lessons on them with my kids at school.  Truly an eye opener.  Ok Anthony, this is the big one!  This is your forever quit.  I”m sending over more quit muscle reinforcements to help you get through today.   You are doing this again.   

Paula266

3/2/19

Thank you Im going to use that instead of biweekly in context with once every 2 weeks and see what kind of responses I get.     

overdoz

3/2/19

Hey Anthony i remember you were doing so good last year then you disappeared. Its ok i understand, but what made you smoke again? Was there a trigger

Hi Marilyn,

Yes the Kangaroo can get nasty if threatened or cornered, they have great long nails on their bottom feet and they can do some damage.

I am tied up at the moment doing a Certificate course in Photography, its two full days of Tuition 50 miles away at College. Am finding the work challenging but fun. hopefully come out a better photographer.

Thanks for the extra quit muscle, I haven't needed to flex it today but it's there if I need it.

It's Sunday here and hot, after lunch might go and see my Dad, he's in a nursing home not far from here.

Hows the service in the Sky mansion, is Suzy looking after you?

Kind regards

Anthony

Keep me posted Paula, it's quite commonly used here.

Kind regards

Anthony

I cant remember Overdoz, but in October I went 47 days without a smoke using Chantix, this time I am going Cold Turkey, so far so good. Sometimes I get depressed and then think  I need a pick me up, delusional thinking I know, I know that one puff spells disaster for me and is just a link to an ever spiraling addiction. So I will keep clear of those cig sticks.

Kind regards

Anthony

PS Your doing well.

Nope62

3/2/19

HI!

I remember you from the January group and I am very happy for you! I was in that group,then the February group, and now the March group. I am thinking about trying patches and I was wondering how much trouble you have had stepping down, or getting off the patches. 

Take Care! Jeff