About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

June 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 32621 views.
Denim50

Nov-8

Hey June, 

Congratulations on reaching five months smoke free yesterday! That’s wonderful! I’m sorry I didn’t post this to you yesterday. I was celebrating a family member’s Birthday. Hope you had a great day celebrating too and hope you treated yourself to something wonderful. You deserve it.

Goodness, I’m so sorry I missed this last message over a month ago. How are you doing? I hope things are improving and getting better. Sending hugs and good thoughts to you. Thank you so much for your good wishes to me too. They are greatly appreciated. 

I’m so happy to see you continuing to stay close to the forum. 

Hope you have a wonderful evening. Talk again soon.  

June2019

Nov-9

thanks, Denim! hope you and your family are doing better, too.

I've had a couple of odd realizations over the last week. 1)I'm more prone to bug bits now that i'm not vaping & my blood is nicotine free. 2)now that i'm breathing better & able to tackle longer, faster walks & hikes breathing-wise,  there are other aches & pains in the knees & ankles that limit my forays into exercise.

Just getting older, i guess, but i feel like i exchanged 1 set of woes for another - still, overall a net positive! shouldn't be complaining relaxed

Denim50

Nov-11

Hey June, 

I absolutely love your profile pic.! Thank you again for your good wishes. I’m not really sure what’s going on with the bug bites, but certainly sorry to hear it. I completely understand about the pains associated with getting older though. Sorry to cut this short but I have to log out and go pick up some things from the store, before it gets too late but will talk more later. Hope you have a wonderful evening. Hugs.  

Denim50

Nov-13

Hey June, 

Wanted to stop back by here and say hi again. How are you? I’m doing okay today. I’m making a large pot of homemade chicken soup. It is so cold outside. I don’t think I’ll be going out much today. I had to make a call and got a bit flustered with it all. One of those ____ automation things answered and kept me on hold about thirty minutes, then a woman picks up and said, thank you for calling. Can you please hold? Before I could answer I was back on hold. She returned and told me she needed to transfer my call to some else, who also put me on hold before returning. A five minute conversation took me almost a hour! Ugh. I do know what you meant about those pains. Re: our last conversation. I went to stand up the other day and both of my knees popped. Think I’m starting to sound like rice krispies, lol. I can’t believe the holidays will be here so soon. I haven’t done anything toward getting ready for next month. Should really start soon though. What about you? Are you ready for the holidays? I’m going to go and make a couple of quick post, then check on my soup. I look forward to talking with you again soon though. Hope you’re having a great day. Hugs.  

June2019

Nov-15

You provided a great description of the typical automated phone call! 5 minutes with a person for a 1 hour hold sounds about right.

Yes, the holidays are a-comin', and for us new quitters the season will be rife with stressors we get to face without the smoking crutch - have to keep the toolbox ready/guard up! I wouldn't say i'm ready - not by a longshot, but it will all be good

Haven't had homemade chicken soup in years - sounds yummy! The kids just moved back after years away - they are both vegetarian grimacing but gratefully they do most of the cooking to comply with their issues. Their soups are mostly ok - and i'm super grateful that they cook …. but no chicken soup.

Do take care & stay well!

June2019

Schay

Nov-15

I agree June - Since I quit June 19th 2019 I have had colds, flus and more aches and pains than I can count, it gets frustrating thinking I felt HEALTHIER when I was smoking,..so weird,..if anyone has any suggestions or advice on what to do next I would love to hear them.  Stay strong in your quit. "this to shall pass" or at least I hope it will lol

Brenda (1sept19)

Nov-15

Schay said:

Since I quit June 19th 2019 I have had colds, flus and more aches and pains than I can count, it gets frustrating thinking I felt HEALTHIER when I was smoking,

Maybe it's natures way of cleaning out all the junk we put in our bodies for years ?  Sounds good anyway, I'll go with that.  Keep the faith, it will get better........

Schay

Nov-18

LOL I am sure hoping it does cry

June2019

Nov-19

Hey Schay!

Good to see a fellow 6/2019 quitter here! Yea, I'm definitely more aware of all my other aches, pains & bodily discomforts with the 'smoking' excuse or cause out of the way. it's definitely 'passing', though not as quick as I'd like - then I have to remind myself 5 months quit is nothing in the scheme of how long I smoked & vaped disappointed so, of course it will take a while.

Hey! wanna hear something kind of cool? I just spent 2 days at a work conference (basically listening to speakers discuss industry woohaa for 8 hours a day + networking). This was my first such conference since quitting. It only occurred to me upon just getting home that the reason I may have been more engaged & chatty was that I wasn't spending every break sneaking out for a smoke! Didn't think about smoking/vaping at all and for a fact, the last time I attended one of these I was more concerned with getting my nicotine fix during break out sessions than in talking shop.  This revelation feels good! Just thought I'd share. 

Hope you are doing well in your quit.

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Nov-19

WOW......love this story.

Aussie Viv

Quit Aug24. 2019