About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

July 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 51716 views.
Denim50

9/6/19

Hey Michele, 

I’m definitely not going to dispute or say anything that might in anyway diminish the fact that those are indeed huge triggers. I’ve had to do the same so many times. The prep, the wait, riding it out, the aftermath, etc.. Kudos to you for staying strong throughout this. I’m so glad to hear you’re safe though. That’s the truly important thing in these situations. I’m so happy to hear your resolve through it all too to maintain your quit. It takes real strength and perseverance and you have it. I know how proud you must be of yourself and frankly, I’m _______ proud of you too. Keep kickin’ it! muscle relaxed 

alreadysick

9/6/19

You rock! What a selfless person you are to take so much time to boost so many people on this forum. You obviously have a gift. Never stop using it!

Denim50

9/6/19

Hey Michele, 

Your message has me . THANK YOU SO MUCH for that kind, sweet message. I have to tell you though, I’m so grateful for all of you too. This forum has done so much for me and I’m so happy/grateful to be able to stick around to help others too and to pay some of that forward. Besides, I get to meet amazing people like the one this morning that knows what I’m talking about if I say that one time there was a fish in the front yard and she knows it isn’t bs. Btw, it was a bass, lmao.  Anyway, thanks again and I’m glad you’re here too. Hugs. 

• Edited September 6, 2019 3:06 pm  by  Denim50
sweetstuff76

9/7/19

Not going through the initial Hell again! I am stronger than this addiction!

I wouldn’t underestimate the addiction , I don’t think any smoker is stronger than the addiction but we can be smarter than it , we all know it only takes one puff to get us hooked again so the addiction is way stronger than us to be able to have us back to smoking like we did from one puff , being smarter than it by gaining knowledge and never taking that puff is being smart . This is where reading Joel’s info helps a lot , reading the law of addiction is enough to keep you saying NOPE 

Quit July 23rd 2019

alreadysick

9/7/19

I would never underestimate the addiction. Any addiction is wickedly strong. Addiction to drugs and alcohol runs in my family. I'm not sure if it's a genetic thing or just something that seems to get passed down by association. When I say I am stronger than this addiction it is simply a mantra I am using to help me stay quit. I can't let nicotine win, as it really is a life or death situation for me. I choose life.

Michele

Killed the beast 7/9/19

QuitJul19

9/7/19

Still doing good! 8 weeks yesterday!! In some ways it's easier, but there has definitely been some romanticizing the old days. The just one thing has popped up a few times. I had a pretty strong mindset that i was done when i started and that's still there. I guess I'm in the start of the icky 3rd month and that's what this is about. Thank you for checking on me!! It's nice to receive the personal message!! Hope everything is good your way!!

07-12-19 dizzy

• Edited September 7, 2019 8:58 pm  by  QuitJul19
Denim50

9/9/19

Hey Michele, 

Huge congratulations to you on two months smoke free!tada I’m sorry my message is so late into the day though. I’ve been away spending time with family since the 6th. I’m trying to catch up. I hope you’ve had a good day and that you’ve treated yourself to something special. Love your determination, stay with that and continue to stay in the moment taking each day as it comes. You’re doing great. Keep going, it get really does get better. So proud of you for staying strong through what this and life has thrown at you recently. You’ve stayed with it and you are doing this! So happy for you! Have a wonderful day. relaxed 

alreadysick

9/10/19

Thank you so much, Denim! I am going by calendar weeks, so I actually hit 8 wks. on Tuesday, but thanks again for remembering!

alreadysick

9/10/19

Oh wow. I need to clarify. That's Tuesday of last week. It's weird how the months with 31 days have made 8 weeks come up so quickly. 

Quitalicious

9/11/19

Hi, overdoz, sent you a private message to see what's up. You haven't logged in since August. I'm so glad you are courageous enough to stick to the forum - sharing your success every time you ditch that monster behind you and getting help from others. We'll keep hammering nails in the nicomonster's coffin, one by one, till it's shut once and for all. Hope you are doing well?