About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

July 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 36062 views.
sweetstuff76

Oct-29

I seem to be back on an even keel again thankfully , the mood isn’t as low as it was those 2 weeks and my anxiety is manageable again . The weather has turned quite cold here like a switch with daylight savings so I’m thankful I’m no longer in and out smoking as it gets colder and colder . Hope everyone else is hanging in there too 

It is great to read that your moods are lifting again. You are reaching a type of peace in the quit. When I started my quit,  I read that some people will experience the peace somewhere between 120-140 days quit. This drug addiction is wicked tough and will bring you to your knees at times because it won't leave quickly. It is so darn hard to keep doing this day by day but I promise it will get better and you will be so proud of yourself when you hit that 1 year. Show that nicotine monster that you are in charge and not him!! You are going to Nail This!! Keep up the awesome job of ending your addiction. relaxed

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

In reply toRe: msg 381
sweetstuff76

Nov-8

It’s annual mini vacation booking time , it’s 4 days away but it will be the first time going through the airport and on vacation as a non smoker . Couldn’t get the same hotel but everything else will be the same . Usually booking a vacation causes my anxiety to spike at just the thought of being far away from home , I tend to smoke a LOT more the lead up to leaving , this time I learn to manage my anxiety without my ‘ friend ‘ just as I have this past 3 months . There will be triggers although there should be a sense of great relief and freedom especially when it comes to being in the airport and travelling , being in the hotel and not having to treck all the way down and outside to smoke. 
im still at this peaceful phase , no cravings just passing thoughts again , my body on the other hand is still protesting so I can’t say I feel a pillar of health , stomach issues and gum issues . What’s weird is you read that your skin and hair will be amazing , hmm well I feel like a teen with the amount of spots coming up and my hair ugh , lucky if I can go 3 days without it looking greasy , if anything both are worse now since quitting, never been troubled with spots .

hope everyone is doing well and things are getting easier 

quit July 23rd 2019

Just read your post and at that time you were where I’m at now.  I still have mind fog, anxiety and depression.  I don’t feel like my head belongs to me.  
I’d like to know how you feel now, and when did your difficulties subside?

thank you,

How are you feeling now?  I just finished 3 months and 5 days.  Head is still foggy, anxiety, etc.

How are you feeling now.  I just completed 3 mo. & 5 days and I still feel terrible.  Mind fog , anxiety, etc.  when did you get relief?

How are you feeling now.  I just completed 3 months 5 days and still feel rotten.  I have mind fog, anxiety, etc.

when did you start feeling better?

Hi,

I just finished 3 months 5 days and still terrible - mind fog, anxiety, 

how are you feeling now?

Hi Elaineadele,

You are doing a terrific job!!!  If not you wouldn't be still in the forum or asking questions. Fog lasted longer for me than i thought it would.  After being depressed from quiting then the fog set in.  I always host Thanksgiving at my home.  Two days before i sat down and cried.  Then it was time to get a pencil and paper get organized and prepare and host dinner as always except No SMOKE BREAKS!!!  Guess what now that Thanksgiving was successful I'm sure Christmas holiday will also be enjoyable.  I think what i have learned is everything is still the same i just need to breath, cry or scream then move forward.  I had more quality time to visit not going out for a smoke!!  

When i start to feel lost i say to my self.  What do i want to accomplish and move forward with a plan.  Almost like I'm trying to get organized.  Maybe just think of a goal for the day and set up a plan and then you will be off and running.  

I will admit i want a cig everyday but saying NOPE helped me everday!!  Please do what ever works for you.  

Best of luck.

July 25

Denim50

Dec-9

Hey Michele, 

Congratulations on five months smoke free! It’s great to see how far you’ve come. You’ve went through so much and you’ve stayed strong through it all. That’s a wonderful accomplishment and I’m so happy for you. One month to go to six months and that halfway milestone toward your first smoke free year. Best wishes to you as you keep moving forward. I hope you have a wonderful day. Hug.