About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 27714 views.
JohnsonFu

Oct-23

Thank you Denim! 

Yeah I have been shopping around for more plants to keep. Really Glad I am still keeping everything together. Getting used to not smoking anymore

i wish and hope everyone well too. Alexis and Kayla

In reply toRe: msg 292
JohnsonFu

Oct-25

Hi all, I am back and sticking to this forum. 

had a slip but hopefully I recover well. Felt the withdrawal today but I fight it  and for a good cause! the anxiety I must to overcome it. Any pointers from the ex smokers? How do u spend time at night? From 8pm onwards? I am always out of activities haha

MarkOU812

Oct-28

2 words

Bubble shooter

Lol

I'm out by 8:30

JohnsonFu

Oct-31

Bubble shooter?! What’s that?

Denim50

Nov-1

Hey Ginger, 

Congratulations on three more months smoke free! Hope you do something special for yourself and have a great day celebrating this third milestone! Wishing you continued strength and success throughout your smoke free journey. Hugs.  

alexisfree

Nov-6

It’s all good Johnson just jump right back in!  Quitting is hard, but smoking more will make it harder.  Lots of love!!

alexisfree

Nov-6

I’m going to go see my doctor about my anxiety. I just shouldn’t feel this way. I know that Wellbutrin helps when people are trying to quit smoking so I’m going to try that. At night time I’m doing bedtime routine with the girls so that takes up all of my time and then I pass out because I’m so exhausted LOL. I don’t remember what I used to do at night before children so I think that anything would be wonderful. Journaling, TV, bubble baths, gardening, vegging out on YouTube videos, walking, or anything else. Just not smoking LOL.  I remember when I quit drinking and I asked the other people, “What do you do for fun?” They said, “Anything but drink.”  Ha ha! 

• Edited November 6, 2019 12:17 pm  by  alexisfree
MarkOU812

Nov-6

A game app u can download to your phone. 

SusanK1960

Nov-14

Hi sweet girl,

Checking in on you as I haven’t seen you on the forum for a couple of days.  I hope you are OK.

alexisfree

Nov-15

Hey Susan!

It is crazy busy here again b/c we are in month end close, but I'm hanging in there!  No desire to smoke, but I've been eating crazily again.  Not AS bad as before, but still bad.  I had a chicken sausage and bacon biscuit from Starbucks and it was AH-MAZING!  Lots of fat and carbs - yum!  We're going to the sneaker ball tomorrow (my husband is taking me out :)) so that 'll be something to look forward to.  My baby has a really bad cough, but she's in good spirits - I just have serious mom guilt when I drop her off at daycare b/c she's coughing.  But no fever and she's not fretful, so I have to go to work!  Blarg!  Life is such a balancing act!  Thank you so much for checking in on me - I obviously needed to write :)  xoxo