About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 31312 views.
alexisfree

Nov-6

It’s all good Johnson just jump right back in!  Quitting is hard, but smoking more will make it harder.  Lots of love!!

alexisfree

Nov-6

I’m going to go see my doctor about my anxiety. I just shouldn’t feel this way. I know that Wellbutrin helps when people are trying to quit smoking so I’m going to try that. At night time I’m doing bedtime routine with the girls so that takes up all of my time and then I pass out because I’m so exhausted LOL. I don’t remember what I used to do at night before children so I think that anything would be wonderful. Journaling, TV, bubble baths, gardening, vegging out on YouTube videos, walking, or anything else. Just not smoking LOL.  I remember when I quit drinking and I asked the other people, “What do you do for fun?” They said, “Anything but drink.”  Ha ha! 

• Edited November 6, 2019 12:17 pm  by  alexisfree
MarkOU812

Nov-6

A game app u can download to your phone. 

SusanK1960

Nov-14

Hi sweet girl,

Checking in on you as I haven’t seen you on the forum for a couple of days.  I hope you are OK.

alexisfree

Nov-15

Hey Susan!

It is crazy busy here again b/c we are in month end close, but I'm hanging in there!  No desire to smoke, but I've been eating crazily again.  Not AS bad as before, but still bad.  I had a chicken sausage and bacon biscuit from Starbucks and it was AH-MAZING!  Lots of fat and carbs - yum!  We're going to the sneaker ball tomorrow (my husband is taking me out :)) so that 'll be something to look forward to.  My baby has a really bad cough, but she's in good spirits - I just have serious mom guilt when I drop her off at daycare b/c she's coughing.  But no fever and she's not fretful, so I have to go to work!  Blarg!  Life is such a balancing act!  Thank you so much for checking in on me - I obviously needed to write :)  xoxo

SusanK1960

Nov-15

LOL!  It is so true that cigs were an appetite and taste suppressant!  I’m going to have to start saying no to sweets pretty soon or my reward for not smoking is a few pair of pants with elastic waistbands!

Glad you were not overwhelmed, just “whelmed”.

Enjoy your date night!

alexisfree

Nov-19

LOL!  Yes, I'm the biggest I've ever been, but at least I'm free.  I ate pretty healthy today so far.  Light English muffin with roasted turkey breast and a slice of cheese for breakfast.  Sauteed chicken breast with salsa on soft tortilla with monterey jack cheese for lunch.  I have grapes and an apple for a snack.  I avoided the sweets in the vending machine.  Win.  I have salmon and mixed veggies in the Insta-Pot for dinner.  And I'm drinking my cold ice water thru a straw.  AND I went to yoga today!  Yay - self care!

Date night was fabulous.  We dressed up and got to see lots of pretty art work and my husband did a little networking.  It was nice to feel fancy again after just feeling like a fat mom.  Haha.  

Yesterday was hard.  Sunday, we went to the urgent care b/c baby girl wasn't feeling good and she was diagnosed with a double ear infection.  So I kept both girls home yesterday and it was CRAZY TOWN USA!  I was so overwhelmed and having a lot of stinkin' thinkin'.  BUT I didn't smoke.  The lady at Walgreens gave me a hug - she could see by the baby meds I was buying and my face that I was so over it. 

I did think about getting a pack of cigarettes while at Walgreens, but I told myself, "Self, cigarettes will NOT help this situation.  I'll just be overwhelmed and then hate myself for smoking."  So I didn't smoke.  

The little one just wanted to nurse and cuddle yesterday - it was so pitiful - she wouldn't let me put her down!  Awwww...

Luckily, my brother came over and gave me some relief from the older one and my husband took the little one so I could sleep for about 30 mins.  After that I felt better.  

Whew!  Now, back to work.  It's month end close so - yay!  Busy busy!

Brenda (1sept19)

Nov-20

Alex, 

You are doing so good and staying on track even with all that's going on in your life.  I think you are awesome !! Hope little one is doing much better.  And prom night.....let's see some photos, bet you and hubby had a wonderful time.  You are getting so close to that 3rd month being history.  So very proud of you. 

alexisfree

Nov-20

Thanks Brenda - I appreciate your support so much!  Baby girl is feeling better.  She is on antibiotics.  Here's one pic :)