About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2019 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 78010 views.

Hi Linda,

Congratulations to you , Brenda and everyone in your group.  Nine months quit is wonderful.

Image result for Congrats

lindnog

Jun-2

Thank you Marge for your message! I do feel

so much more confident this time round, I feel

that I have a much greater sense of commitment to myself to be successful. When I see or smell

that my husband has been smoking it makes me feel stronger too! There’s no way I want to be a slave to nicotine or smell like an ashtray!

Thank you and to all the other forum users who have helped to support me xxx

Hi Linda,

I have a daughter that smokes in the back of the basement.  I agree that watching her makes me stronger and not wanting to go back to that miserable life.   I see piles of nasty smelling smoked cigs in the ashtray and it turns me off.

Bravo to you in quitting with a smoker around.   

Ovivi

Jun-2

Congratulations Linda, Shauna and Brenda! Woohoo 9 months!

DbAnne

Jun-2

Linda, Shauna and Brenda! way to go on 9 months.  It must be getting quit easy for you now.   Let us know how are you feeling?

lindnog

Jun-2

Thank you so much xx how are you doing?

lindnog

Jun-2

Hi, thank you for your message xx

It is a lot easier as time passes by and I rarely think about smoking now. Although at the start of lockdown a tiny thought now and again did pop in and then back out of my mind about me smoking. With a lot of extra time on my hands and that old feeling after doing some housework, I’d think of how a cigarette would be my “reward”. These thoughts disappeared as quickly as they came and I know that I’m a much happier person without those smelly sticks!! Life is so much better being a non smoker xxxx

Ovivi

Jun-2

Doing pretty well, thanks.
I have had some thoughts about smoking,  with all the stressful events happening recently, but I’d never act on them.
I love feeling healthier! Hope you are doing well!

SusanK1960

Jun-3

Hi James and Meredith,

Way to go!  You are doing so well!

james5040

Jun-4

Thanks Susan! 

I am still staying strong in these trying times. Although I did go to the store to buy a pack one day. But thought better of it while in the parking lot. I hope that you are doing well!