About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2019 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 87373 views.
Brenda (1sept19)

9/6/19

Anthony,

So glad you and your partner are doing well.  I think not having smokes around and having someone right there, going through the same thing, will help.  Yesterday was a very stressful day, my normal run to the smokes kind of day and I made it through as a winner.  So it turned out to be a good day.  relaxed One day at a time !

Brenda (1sept19)

9/6/19

Congratulations on a week !  Keep NOPE'N.

Brenda (1sept19)

9/6/19

Hi Michaela,

Are you using any thing or going cold turkey ?  On my one of many attempts, I tried using patches.  They made me feel very restless, agitated and crazy dreams, couldn't sleep.  I am trying cold turkey this time and it is much better.  Much calmer, sleep like a baby ?  Don't know if that is the issue or just that  smoking and quitting sucks. stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes As the Old timers tell us, it will get better.  Hang in there, Michaela, you can do this.  Keep NOPE"N.

MichaelaOana

9/6/19

It is the First time I quit cold turkey. First i used zyban, then nicorette gum.  This time I want to keep it simple and not feeling down beeing adicted to nicorette gum as I used to be.

MichaelaOana

9/6/19

Alex, I learned that from people who are  smoke free for a long period of time. If I remember well, Debbie is one of the ladies who use to write this. Stay mad at cigarettes, not at people.

Brenda (1sept19)

9/6/19

I understand.  I think I am doing the same thing, for the same reasons. If there is an addiction to be had, I will find it. relieved I like that, though, staying mad at cigarettes instead.  I hate the slave they have made of me.

Alex (alexsmoker3)

9/6/19

If there is something to be addicted to, I WILL find it and consume it.  I often wonder about this - WHY do I feel the need to put something external into my body to make the inside of me feel better?  It is so weird.  Like, even though I'm not smoking, I'll eat a Reese's cup and "feel better".  But I'm not any better.  And now I'm fatter.  LOL!!

Brenda (1sept19)

9/6/19

I have wondered the same thing many times.  Thought I might have an addictive personality ?  Or I am trying to fill some void ?  Don't know, but I have been this way as far back as I can remember.  OCD?

Anyway,  I will keep trying to find a good addiction.  relaxed

Alex (alexsmoker3)

9/6/19

LOL, good point!  "Good addiction".  Hmmm...wink

Michaela,

I'm just over three days and in the same boat with the anger and the snapping and the dizziness. It's weird and it sucks. The wonky sleeping sucks worse. 

And out the other side, FREEDOM.