About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2019 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 41713 views.
Brenda (1sept19)

Oct-15

How are you doing, Michaela ?  Thinking about you, Hope you are well.

MichaelaOana

Oct-15

ModMarge (slowblumer) said:

Hi Michaela, That was the hardest part of my quit too; that missing in the morning and at night especially.  Sometimes it felt like it would never get better but it did and will get  much much better for you in time.  Here is a blurb from article below:

Thank you, ModMarge. I did read it. I read a lot on this forum and this help me stay in the right mindset.

MichaelaOana

Oct-15

Brenda (1sept19) said:

How are you doing, Michaela ?  Thinking about you, Hope you are well.

Hi, Brenda. I was thinking about you also. 

Yesterday I  tried to stop nicorette gum, but I think I did it suddenly and was not good. I will try again in another manner. 

I can say I am good with no desire to smoke. 

One month 5 days smoke free

Rassister

Oct-15

You’ve got this!   Keep looking forward. You do not want to start all over again on day one. That is the worst day by far.  I know you still feel like somebody has taken over your mind,body and soul but it is just your receptors screaming for nicotine.  They will shut down but it will take time.  Breathe and distract.  

All the best.  

Smoke free 19 months.  It is true peace and freedom.  

MichaelaOana

Oct-16

Rassister said:

You do not want to start all over again on day one

So true. This is what I keep telling my self over and over. One day on this group we will talk about other things than cravings. I am looking forward to that day. Peace is all I want. And I can tell you that there are days I am already happy with my self, happy that I breath better and I am healthy.

Proud that I am smoke free.

Evillarreal2

Oct-16

Alright, alright, alright. Someone else also got an app. Pretty encouraging for me. Especially the money saved and life regained. It's going to add up quick. Brag about it to your family and friends that support you. That helps too. I'm going on 23d, 8h, and 39 min. Says I saved $221.93 but I know it's more than that. Keep it up. Kick that cigs butt.

Brenda (1sept19)

Oct-16

Oh good, I am so glad.  If I don't see the cute cat with the cool sunglasses, I get worried.  sunglasses So happy you are doing well and so proud of  you.