About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2019 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 76273 views.
Brenda (1sept19)

11/5/19

Hi Linda,

The pedicure was lovely and I now have lovely feet.  blush Haven't treated myself in years, just always did it myself.   How is everything going for you ?  Is the terrific 3rd month going okay for you ? I notice with myself that the excitement at the beginning is wearing off and I have to work at keeping myself focused on all the good stuff.  I am going back, doing a lot of reading, reading Allen Carr again, trying to keep the positive foremost in my mind. 

lindnog

11/5/19

Hi Brenda 

a professional pedicure is definitely a treat worth having. I do have a foot spa at home and all the tools to do it myself and I’ve been promising myself for weeks to do one. I’ll have to put it at the top of my to do list. 
I am doing well with the start of the ferric 3rd month and I actually do t think that much about smoking or cigarettes like I did during the first month. I went out for drinks at the weekend with some friends and I had my purse, phone and house keys in my handbag. As I was about to leave to meet them I was thinking ghost I had forgotten something, that my bag was empty and couldn’t think of what was missing....yes I realised it was that there were t any cigarettes or a lighter!! 

While we were out 2 of my friends popped outside to vape, I honestly can say that I felt no pangs or urges to smoke at all.  However I do not want to become over confident or complacent as I’m sure that’s how I ended up losing a 3 year quit by telling myself I could have 1. 
My focus is helped by continuing to feel grateful for things in my life that make me happy. I am saving money and treating myself to positive perks like great skin care products, new make up and also going out for long walks with Reggie to enjoy the fresh air, the exercise and the pleasure of being able to breathe!

Sorry I’m on a bit of a feel good rant lol

Linda

Brenda (1sept19)

11/6/19

Feel good rants are always welcome.  relaxed  I agree, I think we have to constantly remind ourselves of all the good things we have in our life and to cherish those things.  It is so easy to get complacent and to start taking our lives and our quit for granted.   So glad you are walking this path with us, Linda.  Thanks for the feel good rant.  Give Reggie a big hug for me.  

Brenda (1sept19)

11/6/19

2 months !!!!!!!! WOO-HOO !!!!  Good for you !

Related image

Ovivi

11/6/19

Thanks, Brenda! 
Congratulations to you too!  It seems like a lot longer, doesn’t it? But still it feels so good. My favorite part is the better breathing and being able to look at life in a more positive way.

• Edited November 6, 2019 10:22 am  by  Ovivi
Brenda (1sept19)

11/6/19

Ovivi said:

My favorite part is the better breathing and being able to look at life in a more positive way.

I agree !!  Onward to the terrific 3rd month, we are doing this !

lindnog

11/6/19

Hey Brenda 

Reggie says thanks for the hug, he was really frightened of the fireworks last night. 
Haha glad you liked my rant! Today I am grateful for music , as I’m just home from our school disco for the little children. I’m grateful for my comfy sofa, to sit on and put my feet up. I am also very grateful for this forum and all its members, as I don’t always get the time to post. 
I hope you are having a lovely day. 
Linda

lindnog

11/6/19

A HUGE congratulations to you on your second month of freedom!! Isn’t life so much better being a non smoker? When I think of all the time I’ve wasted by going outside for a cigarette, to now being able to do so many other things  and making better use of my time. 
It is wonderful to breathe more deeply, smell and taste things better and of course the fact that we ourselves smell so much nicer too!!

I hope you give yourself a well deserved treat!!

Linda

Ovivi

11/6/19

Thanks and congratulations on your 2 months too!

Yes all of what you said is so true! It’s like living in a dark cave and suddenly getting to step out into the beautiful colorful world. It’s just the journey is a little scary and painful, but so so worth it.