About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2019 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 83371 views.
Brenda (1sept19)

11/6/19

Feel good rants are always welcome.  relaxed  I agree, I think we have to constantly remind ourselves of all the good things we have in our life and to cherish those things.  It is so easy to get complacent and to start taking our lives and our quit for granted.   So glad you are walking this path with us, Linda.  Thanks for the feel good rant.  Give Reggie a big hug for me.  

Brenda (1sept19)

11/6/19

2 months !!!!!!!! WOO-HOO !!!!  Good for you !

Related image

Ovivi

11/6/19

Thanks, Brenda! 
Congratulations to you too!  It seems like a lot longer, doesn’t it? But still it feels so good. My favorite part is the better breathing and being able to look at life in a more positive way.

• Edited November 6, 2019 10:22 am  by  Ovivi
Brenda (1sept19)

11/6/19

Ovivi said:

My favorite part is the better breathing and being able to look at life in a more positive way.

I agree !!  Onward to the terrific 3rd month, we are doing this !

lindnog

11/6/19

Hey Brenda 

Reggie says thanks for the hug, he was really frightened of the fireworks last night. 
Haha glad you liked my rant! Today I am grateful for music , as I’m just home from our school disco for the little children. I’m grateful for my comfy sofa, to sit on and put my feet up. I am also very grateful for this forum and all its members, as I don’t always get the time to post. 
I hope you are having a lovely day. 
Linda

lindnog

11/6/19

A HUGE congratulations to you on your second month of freedom!! Isn’t life so much better being a non smoker? When I think of all the time I’ve wasted by going outside for a cigarette, to now being able to do so many other things  and making better use of my time. 
It is wonderful to breathe more deeply, smell and taste things better and of course the fact that we ourselves smell so much nicer too!!

I hope you give yourself a well deserved treat!!

Linda

Ovivi

11/6/19

Thanks and congratulations on your 2 months too!

Yes all of what you said is so true! It’s like living in a dark cave and suddenly getting to step out into the beautiful colorful world. It’s just the journey is a little scary and painful, but so so worth it. 

Brenda (1sept19)

11/7/19

Aww, poor Reggie.  Misty is the same way and I feel so bad for her.  Last 4th of July I sat in the closet with her in the dark with the radio playing loudly while she shook. My heart goes out to them.  Reggie deserves another hug !  Sending a great big hug to him.!!! 

A little ones disco.  That sounds adorable ! I bet they all had a good time. heart_eyes  As always, thank you for the wonderful post and reminding us all to be grateful for many things.  I, too, have much to be grateful for.  It is a cold rainy day and I have a fire going, a nice cup of coffee and a little white dog snuggled up to me.  I have this forum and my quit. I have friends all around the world.  Life is good ! 

P.S.   I also have pretty feet and smell good. smile  Have a great day, Linda.

Brenda (1sept19)

11/7/19

Congratulations on 2 Months, Amy !!  Hang in there with all of us, we are headed to Freedom.  So proud of you !!

Related image