About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

October 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 53646 views.
juliannsc63

10/16/19

Jupiter58,

I'm doing ok. It's been hard. Sometimes I am amazed that I just might be able to do this. More often I feel horrible and want to just smoke again.  I am still chewing gum alot.  At least it's better than the smoke. My chest has been feeling so much better.  I think what is really helping me not to light up is the memory of when my chest hurt all day one day.  It was so scary.

The other day I was really happy and surprised when i woke up NOT thinking about a cig.  Yay.  One day at a time.

MarkOU812

10/16/19

CONGRATULATIONS JR

Thank you for the inspiration.

Msg 4225.123 deleted
Brenda (1sept19)

10/17/19

Ovivi said:

I’ll never think of smoking as anything but an addiction trap again.

So true !!  

alexisfree

10/17/19

mars123 said:

Confession: I’ve let my 2 quit smoking apps run on for months at a time, checking out the stats...as an imposter.

Hey Mars, 

Welcome to the team!  I totally did this too!  LOL!!  I can't believe what a great hold this addiction has on us.  It's like the real us wants freedom so bad, but the addict us just does weird stuff!  I'm super glad you're here.  Its a great place to be. :)

MichaelaOana

10/17/19

I did it too. But it made me think good of the amount of money I was spending.

alexisfree

10/17/19

LOL!  That's a good thought!  Yeah, its amazing how much we're saving.  I never thought about it before, but my family is in a better place financially now that I'm smoke free.  All the blessings...

jupiter58

10/18/19

Mark,

Congrats on making it so far! Hope fully the trip in the mountains will get you well
Down the road on your quit!

In reply toRe: msg 128
ModMarge (slowblumer)

10/18/19

Anybody having trouble sleeping since you quit smoking?  It is very common to have problems sleeping in the beginning as an ex-smoker.   Check out the sleep music available on U Tube.  It helped keep me together the first awful months.  There is even an 8 hr one that i loved.  I played it every night for 4 months before I no longer need it.

sleep music - Yahoo Video Search Results

Gemma86

10/19/19

Well done.... my quit day is today and you have made me think I can do this!