About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

October 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 66500 views.
Brenda (1sept19)

10/19/19

You can, Gemma.  Believe in yourself and you can do anything.  Take it one day at a time.

BlueDahlia29

10/19/19

Hi Gemma, I'm with the October group from last October. Just popping by to see how today's going for you. It's not easy in the beginning but stick with it it will get easier as your days add up.  Wishing you the best.

Blue

Gemma86

10/20/19

Thank you Blue,

So kind of you to message. Yesterday didn’t go so well but I’m feeling stronger today I have to beat this this time! I just found out I’m pregnant which is what made me pick my quit date so quickly and I guess my hormones are making me extra emotional . I’m going to try and read loads today to educate myself about this addiction. I have been a heavy smoker since a very young age that has now been over 20 years. Just saying that makes me cringe about what I have put my body through and now it simply has to stop.

you have done so well I bet you feel amazing a while year smoke free, well done  

gemma 

BlueDahlia29

10/20/19

Congratulations on your pregnancy and a great reason to quit.  I was as hard a smoker as they came, smoked 2 packs a day at the end and smoked for 31 years. It is tough at the beginning but it really does get easier, you can totally do this and will feel so great that you did. Rooting for you Gemma.

Gemma86

10/20/19

Thank you sooooooo much today has been better. I’m walking off the cravings, drinking loads of water and singing really loudly your messages are helping so much! You lovely lady

Evillarreal2

10/21/19

Awesome. I know I'll get there some day. I'm at the point where I think I'm just going to stop counting. Feels longer. Dido on the "seeing other people smoke" thing. I can't believe I used to smell like that too.  

Evillarreal2

10/21/19

That is scary. Chest discomfort at rest and needle pricks with exertion/coughing. Very unsettling. I hope you keep going. Try replacing with nicotine free gum every now and then. Has been working for me. The less nicotine the better. Be amazed because you can do it.

Evillarreal2

10/21/19

Ovivi said:

Sometimes it does feel like time is moving soo slowly.

Dido on that. I'm going to try not counting and not checking out my quit smoking app. You guys give me inspiration and ideas without even intending to. Thanks.

CervinaraSal

10/21/19

I'm quitting for the 2nd time in 2019, at exactly midnight sharp, today, October 21st 2019, so I am with you Julian. 1st time lasted nearly 3 months and 6 days. Stupidity allowed me to stray. It won't happen again. 56 years old. It's enough already. We'll get through the first week together. I will not post much, but will follow. Will NOT be the person with the oxygen tank. Will NOT be the person gasping for their last breath. Will NOT give Philip Morris 1 more red cent of my money. "F" them. 5 hours 53 minutes. I'm with you. Good luck to ALL of us.