About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

October 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 33113 views.
SusanK1960

Nov-6

Hi anyone, 

Are there any buddies out who started their quit in October and is still on their quit journey?

i know that MarkOU812 is still out there.  Anyone else?

Shararoe

Nov-7

Hi Susan

I quit on the 14th of Oct and still on my journey looking forward to celebrating 1 month I know I will get there 1 day at a time.

SusanK1960

Nov-7

Yay!  Thank you for responding.  I am so happy to hear from you and happier to hear you are still a not smoker!  

I have about 5 “cravings” a day, which is a vast improvement.  

How about you?  How is your journey?

SusanK1960

Nov-7

Hi Viviene!

Thank you for your support!  I am looking to this forum for support as I think that was what may have been lacking on my last quit.  I realize that quitting is an individual sport, however, a cheering crowd helps.

Shararoe

Nov-7

Hey Susan I am doing good I have a few cravings most are not so bad but I have had a few that has drained my will power and those are bad some how or the other i manage 2 push threw and keep going. So hang in there and do what ever u need 2 do 2 stay free.

A lovely committed smoker once told me you meet the nicest people smoking.  You know. the mob in the corner  at any function smoking. XxxSome truth in that.  However you also meet the nicest people not smoking (quitting)  AND SOME OF THEM ARE ON THIS FORUM.   

You sound committed.  See you around (not in the corner)

Aussie Viv

SusanK1960

Nov-8

As long as you’re in my corner, I’ll be happy!

I think a good nickname for the forum would be

United we conquer

Viv

In reply toRe: msg 224
MarkOU812

Nov-10

Hit my 4 weeks. Going thru it seems to take for every, looking back I think, already?

Anyway still got 3 days for a month, gonna celebrate  again.

Yeah Me

10/13/2019 I stopped poisoning myself 

Mark

• Edited November 11, 2019 11:17 pm  by  MarkOU812
SusanK1960

Nov-10

Awwwesome Mark,

Celebrate daily!  Instead of dying, we are living!!

Good job and keep the quit!