About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

October 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 39319 views.
SusanK1960

Dec-29

Hey buddy,

How ya doing?  This month has been fairly uneventful as far as the cessation journey.  I’ve been distracted by other things, which helps.  I find that time has seemed to slowed down.  It could be because the change of routine.  Still feeling “something is missing”.  Maybe that feeling is cause I haven’t heard from you......

Belinda2019

Dec-29

Yes Ed, we’re doing really well....keep on NOPEing

NOPE

Seized the Day 17th October 2019

SusanK1960

Dec-29

Hiya,

Today I am 77 days quit and I’m irritable and pitiful.  The little voice of JT is whispering.  It’s been awhile since this kind of crap has happened.  Just like they say, you start coasting and believing you can do this and BAM! 

No worries, I have my claws out!  

CC to 48yrsmokin
Belinda2019

Dec-29

Stand strong Susan, we have your back....remember we are heading in to ‘icky threes’ time xx

Anthony Reed on YouTube has a 2 hour stop smoking meditation - I listened to it going to sleep every night for the first month after quitting. He also has a 45min (ignore the 30min one) that I found / find useful when they are biting hard and won’t stop. And there’s the EFT too which might be worth a try.
Does your wardrobe need de cluttering? Mine doesn’t any more, neither does my bathroom cabinet. And my house is shiny (seriously I have no life )

I need to get my taxes done too - lol, that might be the next thing on the list. 

Hope you’re feeling better, and

NOPE

MarkOU812

Dec-30

Hey Susan

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year

The cravings have been strong last couple weeks, but hanging in there. Been really grumpy too. Hopefully get thru the holidays this will ease up. 

MarkOU812

Dec-30

Happy Holidays 

Glad to see you and 48 are hanging in there. 

SusanK1960

Dec-30

Hey Mark,

So great to hear from you and so happy you are still quit!

Happy New Year to you too!

48yrsmokin

Dec-31

Hey Mark How ya doin??????  Merry Christmas and a HAPPY NEW YEAR to ya. Glad to see your still with us NOPERS AHHHHH.  I got the same thing going on as you for cravings and attitude. WATCH OUT.                             Still saying NOPE TO THE SMOKE  since 17th Oct. 2019

48yrsmokin

Dec-31

Hey we made it to the new year. Thanks Mark- Susan- Belinda for being the group that seems to always be there when im looking for some support.  Mark didn't see you for a long time Thought we might have lost ya but it's glad to see your still with us NOPERS. hANG IN THERE EVERYONE can't give up this fight with all we've been threw. Keep saying NOPE to the new year cravings.  You'll have a HAPPY and safe NEW YEAR see you all in the new decade.                                                                                                            NOPE TO THE SMOKE SINCE 17TH OCT. 2019  Nope

In reply toRe: msg 396
Belinda2019

Dec-31

Yay!! Go all of us.....

Here in Australia it’s 8.35am on New Year’s Day.....how nice not to have to quit today, because we are already over two months in

Remember, we all quit smoking last decade.....and are ALL non smokers going into this one

So grateful to each and every one of you.....

NOPE