About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

October 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 52054 views.
SusanK1960

Jan-21

Thanks for the idea, Belinda!  Still on the road, but a change of scenery is needed! 

Belinda2019

Jan-22

Congratulations guys

CC to MarkOU812
SusanK1960

Jan-24

How awesome!

Smoke free for

Belinda2019

Jan-24

Thank you so much Susan - I’m struggling a bit this morning and it’s not even 8am! Has been a looong time, 8 years, since I was this far along.....

I hope you’re having a lovely day sparkling_heart

48yrsmokin

Jan-25

Thank you Susan. Nice to know someone's keeping track of me. Belinda Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! we made another milestone for me also can't remember the last time I've been this far along.   Sounds like your haveing a little bit of a strain on your quit time???????     I know it is with me. I don't know how to expleain what is going on other than the craveings are coming on pretty intensely lately. And the little man in my head is being a pain in the ### on his pushy self.   I find myself being caught up in the bad thoughts of smoking.  Then I have to fight off these thoughts like right now first thing in the morning cigg.   It sucks big time.smiling_imp

Belinda2019

Jan-25

Hey Ed - yes, me too. It sucks, big time disappointed_relieved
I am so missing / craving hard right now, so bad I want to cry disappointed_relieved

I haven’t had it this bad since the beginning.....we have a long weekend at the moment, my kids are with their dad and I live in the middle of nowhere. So I’m guessing this is a HALT moment (or days) disappointed_relieved

Just keep repeating....NOPE, that’s all I can do....can’t even sleep the insomnia is that bad disappointed_relieved

Hope your day is ok 

SusanK1960

Jan-26

Happy last weekend in January!  
From the posts couple of posts I’ve seen, it would seem we are all having some challenges in this part of our quit. You might check the 
3 months and beyond thread. This explained me pretty good.

The forum talks about the icky 3rd month as challenging, however, I’m finding this month much more challenging.  So is the third month the completion of 90-92 day, or is it the @90 day thru 123 day?

i read Rassister called it the mind game portion of the journey.  

Belinda2019

Jan-26

Hi Susan - I’m calling it the icky threes....probably started a week ago disappointed_relieved
And I’ve read it can go until 4.5 - 5 months disappointed_relieved

I’m literally battening down the hatches......I’m not sure if you have kids, but I’m likening it to when mine were newborns.....(my ex husband worked away and I literally had minimal support) and for me the hard times when they were babies kind of fits the quitting timeline, lol (as noticed in 2012)

so - 3-4 days (first home from hospital), 1 week (baby blues), 2 & 3 weeks (colic/growth spurts), 6 weeks (growth spurt), 3 months (just when you think they’re settled) and again at 6 months.....with a final push at 12 months.....

In all seriousness this is absolutely dreadful and I hope it passes soon xx