About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

October 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 44967 views.
48yrsmokin

Jan-30

I hear you Belinda Lets stay strong and hopefully the switch will turn SOON.

Belinda2019

Jan-31

Please god, let it be soon! 

Msg 4225.471 deleted
MarkOU812

Jan-31

Hi Gang

Sorry haven't been by. I have been busy, but also been real down last few weeks. Had been about I'll I could just to convince myself I wasn't insane. However the last couple days have been pretty good. Started as momentary glimpses of clarity and has evolved to be fairly consistent. Even caught myself smiling and laughing today. With friends, not by myself in a corner, that WOULD be weird ;)

Someone mentioned, earlier this month, that they had headaches when their receptors shut down. I do remember having headaches about the time this last rough patch started. May be something to that.

Been more then few prayers uttered on this end lately to, Belinda. 

Maybe its magnetic field here in the South West US, since Susan has been feeling better also, LOL

I'm sure you 2 (Belinda and 48) are right behind us in feeling better. Your receptors shall to say "The heck with it, I give up, I'm shutting down.... this one is to strong for me"

I can't describe how wonderful it feels to get some clarity, hope it keeps up and I hope you find yours soon. 

Belinda2019

Feb-1

Thank you so much for your positive words Mark. I’m at day 107, and today is not much better :( 

I’m hanging in there though, but gee the depression is tough. I just want to feel better :(

These cravings are literally every thirty minutes or so and I remember this from last time....am about to revisit the stop smoking meditation on YouTube that I did in the early days, hopefully it will help. 

Thank you so much for reaching out xx

Msg 4225.474 deleted
Belinda2019

Feb-1

I’m clinging on for dear life revolving_hearts

SusanK1960

Feb-1

We are stronger together!  I’m still not free!  The sadness was really heavy and that got thinner earlier in the week. I’m still dealing with some aftershocks...

Belinda2019

Feb-1

I think this has GOT to be the ‘icky threes’.....although I can think of many stronger words to describe it......

Mrissa called it ‘the Great Sadness’...

Im going with that...

Stay with me, I have your hand