About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

October 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 62664 views.
SusanK1960

May-9

Hello good man,

Well done!  Another valuable milestone has been reached by you, which is AWESOME! I read the article Tricky 8-11 month on this forum.  Be aware some craves, JT’s and emotional upheaval could appear again during this time.  Take care and keep winning!

Wayne1957

May-12

These dang milestones are coming faster than I can track them.  That old jingle from Queen ("And another one bites the dust") comes to mind. ;)

MarkOU812

May-13

Well hit the 7 month mark.... YEAH!!!!!

Been a really hard couple weeks. The fog and anxiety have returned, which has led to being depressed. Hanging in, hoping last time I have to go thru this.

Hope this finds everyone well.

Mark

SusanK1960

May-13

Hey Mark,

So good to hear from you!  I take some comfort knowing I am not the only one having anxiety, however, I’m sorry to hear you are having anxiety and fog.  I will accept these inconveniences if they are a sign that I am healing from the years of abuse.  I am thrilled to not be plagued by thoughts of smoking.  I’m still missing the ritual and have feelings something is missing.  Oh well, small price.

Who knew the “new normal” would be so different! I hope you are safe and adjusting to the new normal that is thrust upon us, in addition to the non smoking new us!  Take care and carry on well!

SusanK1960

May-14

Are you still enjoying cough drops?

Wayne1957

May-14

Indeed I am.  Perhaps the purest case of habit substitution ever.

48yrsmokin

May-14

I should have bought stock in Dum Dum suckers cause it had to have gone up with all the bags of those things for the last 7 months. Glad to hear that you guys Wayne and Mark are still with us. The suckers are working cause the Smokin force is strong these days. But not giving into it. It's not good to hear that you all are haveing the same problems I have but it is good hear that I'm not alone.

SusanK1960

May-17

YAY ED!

Your hard work and determination are paying off!  Congratulations on another monthly milestone!  I am so happy for you.  Take care and stay well.

DebraAnne60

May-21

Oh WOW,  you're the first person I've found that uses cough drops to deal with cravings.  I have been using the HALLS Cherry flavour.  They seem to work really, well.  Although I am not having allot of cravings now, I have been using them since the beginning because I didn't want to use NRT's and end up having to get over that addiction as well.  

What kind of drops have you been using?  Did you just happen on the substitute or did someone tell you about them?  I haven't seen anyone else mention them on this forum. 

Can't wait to hear from you.