About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

October 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 99433 views.
Loreficent

Jul-14

Oh, that is fantastic! I bet you were thrilled and so proud to tell her yes, smoke free almost two years!! Where does time go these days? 
So do you have this elusive peace all the time yet? I will say I’m noticing being comfortable. Definitely feel better physically and emotionally and aware I just don’t want the drama of being a smoker anymore. 

Married for 39 years? Wowza. I think if one can be married for 39 years, one can quit smoking, right? joy In my book it shows you definitely got some ability to be committed. 
I have every confidence in you Susan. You have been and remain my rock. kissing_heart

Anne2020

Jul-14

Well done Susan.  It's so great to feel your self-esteem with pride when you can say 'yes, I quit - several months/years ago'

Cheers!

SusanK1960

Oct-9

Hey Wayne,

How the heck are you?  Congratulations on TWO years!

Just the other day, I opened the cupboard where I used to keep my cigs, and noticed my quit smoking “mantras”  still hanging there.   I left them there.  Other than weight gain, I am still thrilled to be breathing better, enjoying the smells, loving being calmer.  

Are you still enjoying the cough drops?  

Take care and keep the NOPE!

Susan

not smoking since 10/13/19

SusanK1960

Oct-9

Hi Ed,

I am sorry to read that the “just one” gotcha.  Good for you for taking up the challenge again!  Congratulations on 1.5 years of being smoke free.  That is something to be proud of!  I am sorry to read that the just one gotcha!  I am rooting for you!!

Wayne1957

Oct-9

Hey yourself Susan!

Thanks, and congrats to you as well.  I'm so still quits I didn't even realize 10/7 was my 2 year anniversary.  Of course that was also the date that Far Cry 6 was released; which I've been eagerly awaiting for more than a year now.   So that and old age are my two excuses for forgetting my own anniversary.  If you're not a computer game buff like me then you probably won't get the reference.  Google and Youtube are your friends if you care to learn more about Far Cry 6 ;)  And yes, I'm still hooked on the cough drops, which I'm not even worried about ever quitting.

48yrsmokin

Oct-10

Wow glad to hear that you and Wayne have made it thru the challanges of the old group. I'm Back at it and know what to expect. So it starts over again. and now i know that people on here are knowing what they are talking about. and thaty 1 smoke is TABOOOOO.  NOPEto everything  everyday. Thanks to you all. Came back and it feels right being here. Knowing that the people here going thru the same things. Maybe this time i'll listen to the people in the know.    Thanks for the support.   Ed G.

Wayne1957

Oct-13

48yrsmokin,

There's no such thing as "just one smoke."  The first time I said that to myself I reflected, four years later (at 4 packs per day), that it's just a saying your addicted self uses to fool you into firing up the chimney again.  Stick with the plan and keep that malicious little addict locked up in a sound-proof cage.  Welcome back!

• Edited October 13, 2021 2:12 pm  by  Wayne1957
Denim50

Oct-13

Congratulations Susan on two years smoke free!

I hope you’ve had a great day celebrating. relaxed 

In reply toRe: msg 674
Denim50

Oct-13

Congratulations October Ex-Smokers 2019 on reaching two years smoke free! What a wonderful achievement! I hope each of you had a great day celebrating this amazing milestone. You did it and you’re a inspiration to others trying to quit. You each have so much to be proud of and I wish each of you the best as you keep moving forward. relaxed