About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

November 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 28493 views.
In reply toRe: msg 299
Denim50

Dec-25

Hey November ‘19 group, 

Congratulations on one month smoke free this month!  I wish all of you continued success in the coming year.

I also wish all of you happy holidays and a happy and healthy New Year.   

• Edited December 25, 2019 3:42 pm  by  Denim50
In reply toRe: msg 300
Newthomas

Dec-25

Hey group. Made it thru Christmas day. It's the quiet hours at night that are the worst for me. This will be like a test run for New Year's Eve. 

Belinda2019

Dec-25

Well done Newthomas! You absolute legend.....very proud for you

I made it through too....go us!!!!

NOPE

Seized the Day 17th October 2019

In reply toRe: msg 302
Tjs1599

Dec-26

I have not posted for awhile and thought I would update and reconnect with November group.  I am still smoke free.  Jan 1 will be 2 months.  I took on a new job the first part of December and they random check for Nicotine.  Just another back up.  I am having some days harder than others for not smoking.  Forgot the stress involved with a new job.  But one deep breathe at a time and I am making it through.  Coming back to this group is the best decision I can make.  I DO need the support...not just random Nicotine test.  Happy Holidays and the best gift I got this year was another day of not smoking. NOPE.

SusanK1960

Dec-27

Hi,

It is great to hear from you and I am so happy you are still a not smoker!

I was surprised to hear that your company does random nicotine tests. Was being a non smoker a condition of being employed?  

SusanK1960

Dec-27

Hi Newthomas,

That is great to hear!  I think that you will do just as well at New Years Eve.  Are you going to Times Square?

Tjs1599

Dec-27

Yes I had to sign an agreement for random testing.  I was drug and nicotine tested prior to being hired.  The company is big on promoting healthy lifestyle.  Now I just need to finish training and get a handle on the processes and lower my stress level.  Knowing I can be random tested just for some reason keeps my eye on the prize....Being a nonsmoker.

48yrsmokin

Dec-28

Way to go TJ Glad to here that the QUIT is still going on. Have a happy new year                                                       SAYING NOPE TO THE SMOKE 17TH OCT 2019