About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

November 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 41417 views.
SusanK1960

2/4/20

Hiya,
Another milestone has been achieved!  3 months nicotine free is great.  You are doing mahvelous!  Since you have been smoke free for a lot longer than 3 months, how is that going for you?

MDunn1088

2/4/20

Thanks Susan! Nothing much to report. Zero cravings and my mood has definitely improved. Everything is good.

SusanK1960

2/6/20

Hello Robert,

Congratulations on 3 months!  You are doing well!  Every day you are smoke free, another scale is added on your armor.  You may find the next leg of the journey to be blah. Remind yourself it is temporary.  

SusanK1960

2/6/20

Hey Beachboy,

YAY!  Great job reaching 3 months of freedom!  You are not just stopping smoking, you are quitting!  

patiopro

2/6/20

Thank you Susan, yeah I’m still a non smoker and it’s getting easier every day now!!

at the beginning I didn’t know how I would get to this point.

thank you

Robert 

Beachboy651

2/8/20

Susan 

Thankz!!  How are you doing? 

SusanK1960

2/8/20

Hanging tough!  This month, the 4th, has been surprisingly hard emotionally. Over the last couple of weeks, right around 106 days not smoking, the depression/anxiety eased up.  However, there are still days where I’m overthinking, craving, trying to figure out what is missing, angry,upset, you know, just an unsatisfied witch who is not happy with herself!  The only hope I have is the forum quitters before me say this is natural and it will get better.  I made it this far on their support and encouragement, so I won’t doubt them now.

Thanks for asking.

This time may hit you differently as we are all different, however be aware that you will have a mentally challenging period coming up, so don’t get to comfy.  In the scheme of things, it is a blip of time in our process, so take comfort that you have to go thru it to get to it.

Beachboy651

2/10/20

Susan

I hear you, been having small bouts of insomnia. Seems like meditation helps. Hopefully it all passes soon.  

SusanK1960

2/11/20

How great is it not smoking for 3 months!  You are 1/4 of the way to the clubhouse! You are doing just fine! 

DebraAnne60

2/11/20

love these rock and rule.  very cool