About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

November 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 41327 views.
SusanK1960

3/6/20

Hey Robert,

Another milestone to be celebrated is here!  I hope you two will take time to celebrate your achievement! 

patiopro

3/6/20

Thank you Susan, yes it’s been 120 days and getting easier every day. I remember when we had just stopped smoking and it was very hard to not think about smoking and now I rarely think about smoking.

i cant wait to see what the next 120 days brings.

thank you again

Robert

SusanK1960

3/11/20

Yahoo, you have your Forth star!  Congratulations and keep on quitting!

Beachboy651

3/13/20

Thank you. Hope is well with you..

DebraAnne60

3/13/20

Way to go on 4 months.  Has the insomnia lifted?

In reply toRe: msg 360
Newthomas

3/15/20

Hey group. Insomnia is more occasional than constant now. Generally I'm doing better, but is anyone else finding the stress of Corona virus making them want to smoke. Makes no sense since smoking gives respiratory conditions that makes getting the virus more serious. But nonetheless I'm getting urges. 

Instead, Be proud to be an exsmoker because Smokers have a higher probability of contracting the virus and ending up with a deadly case of it. In China the highest smokers are men and had the highest chances of getting seriously sick and ending up in hospital. 

So, stay six feet away from others if you have to go out. Plus if sick stay at home and self isolate for 14 days. 

The stress of this wicked virus is causing heightened anxiety and smokers always are in a hyper state but let those past memories fade away. This is all new to everyone but hang in there and be proud to be a successful quitter. 

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

cherbearquit

3/15/20

I am a month behind you but yes, I have had those same thoughts. But I realize that being a non-smoker gives us a greater chance of survival from the virus as our immune system will be stronger! Caving would not change anything and would only make you feel worse than the anxiety you are experiencing. Please stay strong as you are doing great!

Eve1973

3/16/20

Hi, 

I’m not even close to the amount of time you have put between the last time you smoked! But I know that having a cigarette WILL NOT CHANGE ANYTHING! It will not STOP THE VIRUS. 
Relax and don’t panic, just self isolate if you can, practice social distancing if out, and try to turn the news off at least 2 hours before going to bed. Watch or do something that you know will relax you. 
Whatever you do Don’t Smoke! Stay safe and Congrats on 4 months Quit!

Loreficent

3/18/20

Wow...I’m just reading this. That is so wonderful! I’m happy for you! Just let it go, eh? Like a bad date... good going!