About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

November 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 41741 views.
Loreficent

3/18/20

Yes, I think for us newer quit folks it can be tempting to let the addict voice talk is into it to “soothe the stress”. Not so. All it would do for me is make me worry more and be really mad at myself, this increasing stress! Who wants to restart that awful cycle? Ugh. Better to ride a wave for a few minutes and heal a scosch more.

Ive said it a couple of times here already, but some of the media’s alarmist approach is just that...alarmist. Stress raises Cortisol levels which when high have a direct correlation with with decreased immune response. 
I mean what it comes down to regard how much “information” one has, there are just a few things in our control that we can do. Wash hands, stay home when I’ll and away from others that are ill, cover coughs, etc. The rest is out of our hands. But in our hands is how much we let it stress us out. Oh, and Not smoking is in our hands too!!

Im like you...I feel my body and mind wanting it some but I don’t MISS it.

SusanK1960

4/1/20

Hey,

A BIG Shout out to you for not smoking for 5 months!  Go T!

Tjs1599

4/1/20

Thank you....I made it.  And yes it is getting much easier.  Dont think much about smoking anymore.  I did go thru a stressful time a couple weeks ago when I was sent home to work.  I will admit there was a few moments that I had the thought "just one".  I resisted and so proud I did.  I DO NOT ever want to go thru this again.  YAHOO....5 months.  One day at a time.....NOPE

cherbearquit

4/2/20

Congrats on 5 months! Be proud that you are staying strong despite the rollercoaster ride we are all experiencing!

Quit 12/6/19

SusanK1960

4/5/20

Hey Matt,

Just dropping by to say Hi.  I don’t want you to think you are all on your own in this journey and to remind you how awesome you are as a not smoker!

MDunn1088

4/5/20

Thank you Susan! 

SusanK1960

4/8/20

Congratulations on 5 months!  That is really awesome!

SusanK1960

4/8/20

Hi Robert,

I hope you are enjoying the ride at this time and swatting those pesky memories of smoking away with ease.  I hope this spring bring a feeling of new beginnings as a stronger, healthier couple.  Take care to remain healthy.

patiopro

4/8/20

Thank you , Susan, yes the time is flying by now. The urge still comes and go but it’s getting a lot easier.

thank you for all the support.

Robert

SusanK1960

4/11/20

FIVE MONTHS IS FANTASTIC!