About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

November 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 41275 views.
SusanK1960

Jun-11

Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for awhile.  I hope no news is good news. I am sure the virus in NY has taken a toll on your emotions and I hope you were able to draw on your strength in keeping your quit.  

For me, the continual chaos of 2020 has me in a state of anxiety in addition to the quit, and it is not a pleasant feeling, but what keeps me in check is the memories of the difficulties I have overcome so far in this process and not wanting to have to endure those feelings again. I think you have endured as well.  

Congratulations and onto the 8th month!

SusanK1960

Jun-11

Hi T,

Hows it going?  I hope the last couple of months have been uneventful as far as the not smoking.  You are about halfway into your eighth month.  I found that my anxiety kicked up a notch in my eighth month, which according to what I read, this could happen on this journey.  It could be all the chaos of 2020 as well, as I wrote to Thomas. I hope this message finds that you are having a great time as a not smoker and all the benefits not smoking has.

Tjs1599

Jun-13

Thank you for reaching out.  I am doing great.  Adjusting to this new normal.  I can proudly say that I am still a nonsmoker.  Yes there have been moments...some very hard moments but still NOPE.  Of all the new normals...I am like being a non smoker best.  I hope all is well for you and your family.  Stay safe.

Jewel

In reply toRe: msg 388
Newthomas

Jun-15

hey group. Just checking in. Still not smoking. Still wanting to occasionally. Still never want to go thru that first month of quit again. So still not smoking. Hope you are all staying safe healthy and sane. 

SusanK1960

Jul-1

Hiya T,

Great job, on eight months of not smoking!  You are rocking this quit!  What reward do you have planned?

SusanK1960

Jul-6

Hi Robert and Beachboy,
Cheers to you both for not smoking for 8 months! I hope you are enjoying the smoke free life.  Congratulations on your successes!  

You are

patiopro

Jul-6

Lol

Thank you very much Susan, the journey is getting easier every day!! Still hard to believe that 8 months ago I was smoking at least a pack a day usually more!!

I’m thankful that we were able to quit!!

thanks again,
robert

• Edited July 6, 2020 9:29 pm  by  patiopro
SusanK1960

Jul-11

Time to celebrate!  You are winning your battle!

SusanK1960

Aug-1

Congratulations Jewel!  Hope you are doing well.  

SusanK1960

Aug-4

Matt, almost a year ago, you started on NRT and now look where you are.  Today marks 9 months without nicotine, which is fabulous!  I don’t know if you still pop in to this site, so in case you do, letting you know someone you never formally met knows you did good!