About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

November 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 44329 views.
Belinda2019

11/13/19

Thank you Susan xx

MarkOU812

11/13/19

Thanks for the laugh

Helped me with my afternoon aggitation.

The frustration and irritation comes and goes. Been in the upswing for me the last few days. Maybe the full moon thing. I can feel when those times are coming and I warn the people around me. Keep the faith it's going to get better and stay better eventually. Mine seems to coinside with work stress more then anything. Hopen there's a yoga class tonight. 

Mark

SusanK1960

11/13/19

Hi Newthomas,

Anger and frustration can be part of the quitting process.  Unfortunately,  in the past when we were angry, we would go have a cig to “calm down”, which the cig didn’t really alleviate that feeling, it just gave a time away from the problem.  Be mad at nicotine for being so addictive.

i am unsure how to answer frustration. Where is the frustration stemming from?

I’m here to listen

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

11/13/19

Hello newThomas  you have chosen one of the grooviest ways to quit.  You will find a bunch of quit information on

this forum and many other quitters....all on the same Ijourney.

Happy quitting.

AussieViv

Haajas75

11/13/19

Day 17

Urges gone ......

Insomnia has been absolute hell....and unlike some seems I never get deep sleep....but well worth it cause I've read enough on this forum to know this too will change

MarkOU812

11/13/19

Tylenol PM worked for me.

SusanK1960

11/13/19

I have been listening to either Smoking cessation hypnosis or Zen type/Celtic with Harp music on YouTube to go to sleep or back to sleep.

In reply toRe: msg 44
MDunn1088

11/14/19

I appreciate this forum immensely. It's helping me to see that what I'm dealing with isn't abnormal and that it's going to get better. God bless you all for sharing. 

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

11/14/19

You are right about this forum.  It is the place for us quitters.

I wish you success with your quit.  If you have a question just postit in the November quitters thread.  There is sure to be someone with an answer.

Viv

Belinda2019

11/14/19

Hey Newthomas - I have literally had the day from hell today. Slept like crap last night, full of anxiety and panic today. And had some awesome support from my wonderful quit buddies...

Keep breathing, keep feeling those feels, try a mindfulness meditation or smoking cessation hypnosis from YouTube to relax and help you sleep. If all else fails, try an antihistamine (your pharmacist should be able to help you)

And remember NOPE