About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

December 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 21391 views.
patiopro

Dec-23

Hi I am new to this forum, but quit smoking on November 6, 2019 after smoking for 30 plus years. I finally decided to quit after being short on breathe and all the horrible smell of tobacco. I started taking Chantix for the first month, it helped me in a big way, but I quit taking it because it was making me really moody cranky short tempered!!!  Fast forward to now and I’m doing pretty good it’s a daily battle with ups and downs. 
Thank you

patiopro

Jatchat

Dec-24

Congratulations PatioPro

I to used Chantix and it was very good while it lasted but soon as I stopped taking it I fell off the wagon.

I am currently smoking but reading Allen Carr's book again and plan to quit on NYE

Take care and good luck on your journey

Kind regards

Anthony

patiopro

Dec-24

Thanks Anthony, yeah I’m 47 days without a cigarette or any type of nicotine. Like I said I quit the Chantix after 30 days , I was getting too jumpy on it. I’m convinced big tobacco has some kind of crack in the cigarettes. I quit at the same time as my wife. We are both trying to quit and do the right thing. I smell people smoking now and it doesn’t smell good at all. I still crave them but look forward to the day when I dont even think about them. 
good luck on your quit day coming up.

Thank you

Robert

Hi  Robert,

Welcome to the forum.  Congrats on quitting smoking.  Hope you will stay with us and read and post.  You may want to join the other November quitters since your quit day is November 6th- link below.  But, feel free to join in any thread you like.   I will say that having a strong quit buddy group got me through many a rough day.  

Quitting smoking is the best gift you can ever give yourself.

In reply toRe: msg 104

Hi December Quitters,

The holidays can bring on strong urges to smoke.  Be prepared with how to handle those feelings.

l1717mary

Dec-24

Hi Anthony

Looking forward to  seeing you get back on your horse you know you can do it just one moment at a time. Wish you and family a lovely x mass and new year.

Mary

Jatchat

Dec-24

Hi Mary,

Thanks, looking forward to the big quit. Congratulations on your quit. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. 

Kind regards

Anthony

That's great that you found this forum again and decided 'enough with the cigarettes!' You are setting an example for other quitters still thinking about quitting. This wicked tough drug addiction means you have to use all your inner tenacity and determination to stick it out! Getting into the quit mindset takes time and as you know changing how you deal with stress and change is difficult. The repetition of daily NOPING and getting that new pattern takes a good three to four months till it becomes part of your daily routines. Hanging in there through the tough times means NOT ONE PUFF EVER AGAIN!!! 

Read everything on this site, start a written journal of your experiences, use whatever nicotine substitutes you need and change your life for the good forever. Make 2020 the year you successfully quit. You can do this too! 

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

48yrsmokin

Dec-24

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all, It's great to be smoke free in holiday spirit Just think no haveing to leave the festivities to go out in the cold to do the smoky thing. Just stay inside and enjoy the company of loved ones without them haveing to smell your smoky but. I think it feals great to be able to that. Something else to be happy for and bringing in the new year with a little extra cheer.                                                                LOVIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! QUIT SAY NOPE TO THE SMOKE 17TH OCT. 2019.                              wHAT A AWAY TO START THE NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jatchat

Dec-24

Thanks Debbie,

Trust you have a good holiday season smoke free, congratulations on your gi-normous quit. Look forward to joining you all soon

Kind regards

Anthony