About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

December 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 21719 views.
In reply toRe: msg 113
Denim50

Dec-25

Hey December ‘19 group, 

I wish all of you success with your quits. I also want to wish each of you happy holidays and best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year.  

Hi,  I was wondering if you had a journal.  I am 3 mo. 15 days quit and still struggling a lot with anxiety and not feeling like my mind is right.  Was wondering how you did it and and what kind of withdrawal symptoms you had.  When did you finally find peace?

Ovivi

Dec-25

Hi Laine,
I don’t have a journal. I have anxiety and am kind of emotional right now. It’s been 3 and a half months for me too. I think it’s pretty normal to feel that way, judging from what other people who are farther along have said. I think it’s challenging to learn how to deal with our feelings because we used to stuff them down with a cigarette. Have faith that you’ll work through it! I believe we will. I tell my family over and over about how it feels and I think they try to understand, but no one who hasn’t had to quit smoking can truly understand.

Thanks for your reply.  I’m at 3 1/2 months and am not myself at all.  My brain feels like it’s not mine and have constant anxiety.  Spent Christmas Eve with the family and it was hard.  I’m seeing a psychiatrist in Jan. To see f there’s more to it besides quitting smoking.  I just want to feel like I did before I quit - normal!

Ovivi

Dec-26

I hope that seeing the psychiatrist helps, Laine! It is frustrating to feel like you are helpless. Maybe time will help too, as so many here have said it did for them.

Thank you.  I’m at 3 1/2 months. no relief   yet.   My mind is still foggy.  Need my clarity back.

VIVSMOKEFREE

Dec-27

Hello again Anthony.    We have to believe that one is not enough and 100 is too many and we need to believe that ONE ALWAYS LEADS TO MORE.   WE CAN DO THIS.    hOPE TO SEE YOU AROUND LOTS.

Viv

quit 24Aug2019

VIVSMOKEFREE

Dec-27

Hello,  Hope this finds you happy to know you are quitting this wicked addiction (as Deb would say).     I have tried to quit so many times I am feeling very positive this time,    I hope this is my forever quit.    Most of quitting smoking is changing our mind.     At four months I do not crave so much, but definitely feel the urge sometimes.......

Wishing you the best.   You are amongst friends, all on the same road.

Viv

Jatchat

Dec-27

Thanks Viv,

Looking forward to joining you

Kind regards 

Anthony

SusanK1960

Dec-28

Hi Robert,

So glad you joined in the journey with us.  51 days is awesome!  I stopped smoking a couple of weeks before you, so we are pretty close in the quit journey. I take it one day at a time and today is pretty darn good! Keep in touch.