About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

December 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 22518 views.

Hi there Catie,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on quitting smoking.  Hope you will stay with us and kick the cigarettes for good.  Keep reading and posting and check out all the articles in this thread.

In reply toRe: msg 129

Hi everyone,

Your December Ex-Smokers thread is now under the Quit Buddies Unite folder.

Enjoy your new digs and keep noping everyday.

Hi, how far along are you?  I’m 4 months tomorrow, and still feel terrible   Today the brain fog is bad, and I just feel anxious.  I keep telling myself things will get better, too.  I just wish they’d hurry up.

SusanK1960

Jan-2

Hey Catieheart,

Checking on you now that you are past your first week and seeing if you need anything.

SusanK1960

Jan-2

Hey Robert,

You and your wife are coming up on second month of not smoking fast.  How are you doing?  Hope you are feeling so proud starting out the new year smoke free!

In reply toRe: msg 134
cherbearquit

Jan-2

Hello everyone and Happy New Year! I quit cold turkey on December 6th, so tomorrow will be 4 weeks for me. I smoked for 45 years and tried quitting numerous times utilizing various methods only to fail. I always struggled with anxiety during my previous quits after stopping with the quit aid I was using (Chantix, Nicorette gum, etc.). I am determined that I am going to do this on my own. Too bad it took a scary trip to the ER to convince me to do this!  I have been reading posts and articles for a couple weeks now but this is my first day posting. Good luck to all who are battling this addiction!

patiopro

Jan-2

Hi Susan, yes we are both a couple of days away from the 2 month mark. We are doing good and haven’t touched a cigarette. Some days are still hard but it’s getting somewhat easier.

Thank you

robert

SusanK1960

Jan-2

Hey Matt,

I’m a little behind on your attaboy.  Congratulation on 3 weeks of not smoking!  It should be getting a bit easier each day and the benefits are more noticeable! 

Hope your smoke free holidays were wonderful.  I’m hoping your quit is becoming easier and you haven’t had time to write since you are enjoying a healthy life style.  If you get a few minutes, let us know you are still on the get free journey.  

Good job!

Matt1961

Jan-2

Thank you, Susan.

I am still here.  I guess I am a lurker.  I have been a non-smoker for 22 days now.  In some respects, it is getting a bit easier.  I read a chapter in Allen Carr's book every night.  I am on my third pass through the book, but it helps me to keep the correct mindset.  There really is nothing to be gained from smoking.  Only losses that I can do without.

The holidays were a little difficult at times because I was not working, so my mind drifted to what I would have been doing had I still been a smoker.  However, I plowed through.  I now sit at my desk and drink a ton of ice water through a straw, as you suggested.  It helps.  I also indulge in sugar free Lifesavers and Jolly Ranchers.  That is against Allen Carr's recommendation, but I find it helpful for now.  I will quit those next in due course, when I am ready.

Thank you for being there Susan.  You have been very helpful to me over the last 22 days.  I have no doubt others feel the same way.