About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

December 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 49161 views.
cherbearquit

3/11/20

Matt, I am totally convinced that people who have never smoked have absolutely no clue about what we go through when we quit! That is why this forum is so important. A place where you are understood, full of wonderful folks who will support you and a place to learn along the way. Stay strong my quit buddy!

SusanK1960

3/11/20

Hey Matt,
Congratulations on your third star!  You are doing great in overcoming your nicotine addiction! You may experience some mental changes in the months to come, which can be challenging, so buckle up and hold on.  The peace is not too far away!

Matt1961

3/11/20

Thank you, Susan.  I was not anticipating mental changes, and am not quit sure what to expect, but it seems to me it can only be an improvement!  I will welcome all the help I can get.

Eve1973

3/11/20

Great job Matt, we are proud of you! Keep coming back and sharing!

cherbearquit

3/15/20

Matt, how are you doing? I was doing so much better once I reached that 3 month mark but the stress of this virus situation has brought those nasty “JT” thoughts out. I have managed to stay strong so far but it is a challenge at times. For me, it has been one stressful thing after another since the beginning of my quit! I really hope things calm down soon! I have been walking to relieve stress and reverting to the trusty old ice water, mints and cinnamon.  I also remind myself that caving would not solve anything and would only make things worse. I guess later I will spend some time reading all my bookmarked items to pass the time. I always find that to be very therapeutic when I am experiencing a rough patch. I hate to whine but sometimes it just helps to vent. Lol! I hope you are doing well. Stay strong and healthy!

Hapjap

3/15/20

Remember the icky 3’s. It will pass Cher, just hang on. 

Eve1973

3/15/20

You can ride this out.....you already pledged NOPE today, so you can’t let yourself down! 

Do some jumping jacks.....if not able a load of wash!

Stay strong, would you ever want to restart?

cherbearquit

3/15/20

Thanks, and I will be fine. Just venting. I appreciate the support!

DebraAnne60

3/15/20

Have you considered running down the street screaming I quit smoking, I will not cave.  lol, just a thought.  I like to think of outrageous things to do to fight of the Tsunami craves.

Matt1961

3/15/20

Stay strong, Cherbear.  It is difficult during stressful times, isn't it?  There are so many times during a stressful event that the thought of taking a puff is attractive to me.  Then i have to remind myself that there are only two good reasons for taking a puff:  (1) I want to go back to smoking until my body can no longer take it and gives up, or (2) I love the withdrawal feeling so much and I want it to continue indefinitely.  Since neither of those apply to me, I find another way to deal with the stress.  I have found that absolutely every time, the stressful event passes, and then I am grateful that I did not take that puff.

This is the place to whine.  Everybody here gets it.  However, the stress will pass and we are stronger than whatever brings it on.