About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

December 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 43995 views.
DebraAnne60

3/27/20

Congratulations on your Three months!!!  I am five days behind you.  Mind if I ask how are you feeling.  

cherbearquit

3/27/20

Sending a big Congrats. to you as you celebrate 3 months today! It sure has been a long ride these past three months but the few of us left in our group are doing this! Be sure to do something special for yourself, because you deserve it! 

Quit 12/6/19

Majomar

3/27/20

Hi, Debra,

thank you for all your kind words and concern :) it's rare these days to feel empathy from people, and with this new situation, people are starting to act crazy. I'm worried about psychological consequences and what will happen to the way we relate to each other... and this is only the beginning. 

I live in the Balkans, in Montenegro, we are quite used to "dramatic" circumstances or extraordinary situations and I am quite tough by nature, but also quite sensitive... and some days I feel that strength and see this situation as a challenge that will make us all better people, and some days I feel alone and everything seems as if it will never end... and the world has reached its end. :D (which I don't fear, just... not a pleasant feeling), Of course, it is not real... and we all feel different emotions, some of which are just challenging and have to b faced.

Regarding dreams, I always had vivid dreams, so I can't make a difference since the quit... and then my situation was maybe different, because of the loss of my mother, and my brain still can't catch up with the situation, I think... when I have (vivid) dreams, those include her and rarely is the brain aware that she's gone. It still can be a lot of adrenalin and trying to "solve" the situation and help her in my dreams. 

And then, when I'm stressed, I take a sedative, that affects the way I experience my dreams, probably.

I believe that your mind is "clearing"... and those dreams are part of a coping mechanism, and you will be OK :)

I thought I almost forgot about smoking, but... as I wrote before, this stress brings the urge back again, and I fight back and count the days and hope it will all go away soon.

Stay strong and stay well :)

Majomar

3/27/20

Congratulation, Arielle! :)

Arielle2019

3/27/20

Thank you so much guys for your sweet messages, it really warms my heart heart

Life has been one thunderstorm after the other this year so my focus has been on handling stress, reevaluating old beliefs and embracing the uncertainty that affects us all. Thankfully I study mostly online so my studies haven't been affected that much yet. 

Does it sound strange that nicotine is no longer a focus? Something happened to me mentally after I read Allen Carr's book "Quit smoking" over Christmas, so thank you so much Susan for forwarding me the book as an attachement on this forum pray

I hand over my fears to God/Universe (call it what you wish) and in these times of fear and physical isolation I believe that connecting to oneanother and showing kindness and compassion is more important than ever. 

I hope that you and your loved ones are well and healthy.

Remember, together we are stronger

sunflowersunflowersunflower

Arielle2019

3/27/20

Thank you relaxed

How are you holding up? 

Majomar

3/27/20

:)

These are challenging times for everyone, I believe. I'm doing fine, I do struggle, but I don't feel as if it were more "trouble" than other people face. I feel many people have it harder, in many ways and I try to remain cool and be patient when some sort of crisis arrives.

I'm losing my focus these days, but it's not the quitting, I think it's the Covid-crisis. And then an "urge" just slips in, like it's finding a crack in your "defence" system... :D I won't let it defeat me!

Arielle2019

3/27/20

I hear you, can totally relate.

So awesome that no matter what happens around us, smoking is no longer an option. 

That makes us winners every day muscle

Way to go Majomar!!! 

cherbearquit

3/29/20

I think I am a day late, but congrats on 3 months! You should be SO proud, as you are doing this at a most difficult time. If we can get through these challenging days, we can deal with anything! Stress is a challenge for all of us I think. But, hang in there and stay strong!  Be sure to do something special for yourself! Don’t let a random urge get to you. It will pass and it will get better! Stay healthy & safe!

Quit 12/6/19

Majomar

3/29/20

It's never too late :)

Thank you, cherbear, and thank you Arielle.innocent

I decided not to beat myself up over eating too much these days, I should relax more, over everything... there is too much stress already, why put more on yourself... 

We are doing this... for real, we can do it.