About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Alexandra's Quit Story   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 9/23/15 by alEXsmoker (afrancis333); 37920 views.
SusanK1960

Jan-28

Hi,

A dragonfly, how lovely for you to share the spirit of your Dad with us, always on your mind, forever in your heart, as they say.

Even though it may seem trivial at the moment, I want to acknowledge you have 5 months of freedom from smoke, which is fantastic! 

Brenda (1sept19)

Jan-28

Thank you Sweetie.  I like the new dragonfly, it's perfect.  You are right, we are fighting the good fight. Onward to 6 months....

alexisfree

Feb-18

Thank you, Susan.  That is very kind of you. 

xoxo

alexisfree

Feb-18

Yes, 6 months is good.  We're making it one day at a time.  I had a bit of an emotional breakdown this morning (and yesterday).  Honestly, I'm overwhelmed at work, but I cannot concentrate to get it done.  I think I was about to concentrate for 20 mins today.  I'm so over it.

In reply toRe: msg 325
alexisfree

Feb-24

Reflection at 6 months (almost).  I am approaching my six month milestone; or should I rather say, OUR six month milestone.  I would not have made it this far if it weren't for ALL of you here.  This is truly a gift.  If you have your quit today, hang on to that thing like its your job!  This freedom is so worth it.  We never have to give money to the billionaires again.  We never have to feel guilty for killing ourselves slowly again.  We never have to hide from our children or spouses again.  We never have to make excuses again.  We can be free.  We can be totally in love with ourselves and our lives and add days back to our short lives and spend that time with our loved ones.  We. Can. Do. This.  Make it a great day loves.  I'm routing for all of you!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Brenda (1sept19)

Feb-25

Congratulations on almost 6 months, Alex.  We can and we are doing this.  Hope you are doing well.  I still continue with one day at a time and I have good days and bad days.  I guess that's life.  Think of you often and sending hugs your way.

alexisfree

Feb-28

Thank you Brenda, I think of you too!  I told my mom about you!  Hahaha.  I told her how I found a nice lady who I can relate to online because we quit smoking together and we lost someone together.  We're doing this thing called life together too (albeit virtually, but still good).  XOXOXOXOXO  

SusanK1960

Feb-29

Stopping by to send my best wishes on reaching the halfway house! You are doing amazing!  Congratulations on making it this far and I hope the rest of your journey is much easier!

• Edited February 29, 2020 4:35 pm  by  SusanK1960
ReQuitNo2

Mar-1

THANKYOU all of you. I have just finished reading this whole forum from beginning to end at work.

Alex you are so honest and open with your feelings, I love how you have shared so much. This gives me hope as I am a 2 week off, 1 week on again quitter for the last month.

Msg 469.331 deleted