About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

36 hours ...sort of   Quit Stories and Journals

Started Sep-4 by Meredith (GettinFree); 6196 views.
In reply toRe: msg 73

It's actually a good thing that I haven't been journaling (well, sort of). It's been because I've actually had the wherewithal to get some life taken care of. And two Landmark courses back to back...hey, it's just how I roll. 

I also finally announced I'd quit on Facebook and among all the well-intentioned misunderstanding and well-intentioned understanding -- thankfully I have plenty of ex-smokers in my network to balance out the, um, others -- I got hipped to this Neurosculpting thing.  (Can't link; you'll have to Google it.) The doing, so to speak, is a guided meditation that makes it safe for your brain to be open to new ideas, and then develops imagery of your urges and a process for removing them, for good. Obviously the urges are myriad so I'll be doing this several times in the coming months...

I find it hilarious that my urges are visualized as little blobs of flan that I put in the big trash bin that goes to the curb. (It actually makes a lot of sense if you know that I don't like flan and I tried to like it again just two days ago.)

It's a pisser though that this morning has been kind of right back to an utter lack of productivity. I feel like it might be having messed with my head last night, doing this meditation, but who knows.

And I wanted, too, to acknowledge how far I've come:

Denim50

Nov-3

Hey Meredith, 

Congratulations on two months smoke free! I hope you did something special to celebrate your achievement and that you had a great day.  

Denim! Thank you so much for remembering and writing! Haven't been able to post from my computer for some reason, and for some reason it only just occurred to try my phone. ;D

But anyway, thank you so much!! Let's just keep on NOPE'n!! heart_eyes

alexisfree

Nov-8

Yay Meredith!  Congratulations!!  I was just thinking of you and here you are just killin' it!  I'm so proud of you!  I can tell you're such an intelligent young woman.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Here's to the smoke free sisterhood!

Alex! Peach blossom! I was just wondering yesterday if you were still around...so happy to hear you're killing it too!!
To the smoke-free sisterhood!!
<3<3<3<3

In reply toRe: msg 75

Twelve weeks this Tuesday and three months the Tuesday after that. Here we go. I think it was Brenda [Edit: it was Michele] who told me to grow my nails out so I can hang on; I decided acrylics were in order (aka, sounded like a nice excuse to have the novel experience). Already had an urge strong enough to make me a little dizzy, driving home from getting my nails done. Heeeere we go. 

Brenda (1sept19)

Nov-25

Oh how pretty, Meredith.  They look fabulous.  What a lovely treat for yourself and they help you to hang on tight !!  I had them done once, but being such a dork, I couldn't do ANYTHING with them.   Couldn't do my bra or zip my pants or button a shirt.  My hubby had to dress me everyday. But I sure thought they were fancy and so pretty.  Way to go, almost to the 3 month mark.  So very proud of you !!

In reply toRe: msg 80

I know it's not formally correct but 12 weeks is a victory and I'm taking it. grin

SusanK1960

Nov-26

Hi Meredith,

12 weeks is a victory!  How wonderful you must feel for reaching this milestone!  YAY for you!

Belinda2019

Nov-27

Whoo hoo!!! Go you Meredith - that’s awesome tada

I can’t wait until I’m there myself blush

NOPE

Seized the Day 17th October 2019

dizzysunflower