About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September To Remember '15   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 10/3/15 by ModAustinPen; 112243 views.
ModAustinPen

10/3/15

The results of the naming poll for the September 2015 Ex-Smokers Group are in, and I am happy to announce that the winner, with

33 % of the vote is...

September To Remember '15

Congrats to ALL of you -

you are beginning a journey that will bring you benefits far greater than you can probably imagine from where you are right now. From improved health and vitality to the boost quitting gives your self-esteem, the positives FAR outweigh the discomforts of nicotine withdrawal.

~*~

Think of time and patience (with self, mostly) as two of your best quit buddies, because they absolutely are. If you can relax and let time pass, it will help you heal. There's a lot of truth in the old adage that time heals all. Time really is a wonderful tool for changing our lives - as long as we can be patient enough to let it do its work.

~*~

Don't fear the ups and downs that come with quitting smoking. Cravings to smoke are not signs of impending failure, they are signs that you are healing from both the physical addiction you have to nicotine, and the psychological associations you have with smoking as well.

~*~

Keep your eye on the prize and do the work it takes to get the monkey that nicotine addiction is off of your back. The rewards are outstanding and you'll love the person you become without the chains of this killer habit weighing you down.

~*~

Breathe deep and be grateful - you are on your way!

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
angelina1512

10/3/15

Hello September to remember quitters.

what a beautiful name. It will also be a September I will never forget either. August champions, September to remember. Beautiful people who are willing to look after others as they try to give up smoking.

what I like to remember is " just one day " at a time, when the thought of having a smoke, just one smoke, is just a big puff of BS. We know one would never just do, we would end up having one of many.

So everyone good luck. Also we need to keep an eye on the 24/7  who are doing it tough. From all over the world someone should be awake. So keep vigilant, so nobody falls over.

angelina**

quit date 1st august, 2015.

In reply toRe: msg 2

Yay!  I'm so thrilled! So blessed to be quit right now.  I WAS going thru some junkie thinking earlier, but being on here tonight has made all the difference.  xo

In reply toRe: msg 3
ModAustinPen

10/3/15

Hey September To Remember!

Think we had better go out and look for our buddies so that they find their way here.

Penny

Donewithit

10/4/15

I'm here, hello everyone!. Everything is fine, just been a very hectic few days. Very hectic smoke free few days :). Just stopping in to post on our new home so to speak, Ill stop in later.

Have a great smoke free day!

-Carl-

Smoke free since 9/1/2015, cold turkey style

Catniss (joy4jrd)

10/4/15

I am here too ! That makes 3 grinning

Been visiting other post on the forum today. Just want to say I hate this addiction and what it HAS DONE TO SO MANY INNOCENT LIVES!

We are doing this One Day at a Time ....Don't Quit, Quitting!

kittymom413

10/4/15

Hi all,

Almost didn't make it here, I've had an extremely emotional 36 hours. But I'm happy to say that I didn't reach for a smoke, even though I thought about it. My motivation was that if I gave in to the craving, I may not ever put them down again. So here I am on this beautiful Sunday morning extremely thankful that this forum is here, and that, by reading others stories, and pledging NOPE every day, that I am able to continue this "quit" journey.

Thanks everyone,

kittymom

quitter since 09/25/15

Catniss (joy4jrd)

10/4/15

Kitty, makes 4! grinning Way to go , just keep not smoking that's all we can do right now. Better days are coming for all of us!

In reply toRe: msg 8
FreeFromCigs

10/4/15

i am here, and still cigarette free !!

Donewithit

10/4/15

Mary, so good to see you pop in. Catniss, Kittymom... hmm we seem to have a theme going with you two. Good to see all the veterans. I guess that is who we are now.

Work has been hectic the last few days, but still standing strong, smokefree and loving it. Ran my first 5k on saturday, finished in a time of 26.44. Not bad for someone who was smoking 2 packs a day a little more than a month ago, eh? It's still tough at times, I'm not going to lie. But this time around, there are several differences. First and foremost , I have you guys. You have no idea how much of a help you have been. Particularily Catniss, who has been there almost since the beginning, always with a word of encouragement or inspiration. Thanks to all of you.

Second, its not just quitting smoking, although that is the most important component. I have decided to do what I refer to as a lifestyle overhaul. Eating better, exercising, and of course quitting smoking. I feel better than I have in decades.  I weighed in at 204 this morning. Just as a point of reference, I havent weighed less than 200 pounds in over 30 years. I'm feeling pretty good overall!

Be well, be happy, be vigilant, and be smokefree!

-Carl-

Nicotine free since September 1, 2015 10:30 PM