About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September To Remember '15   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 10/3/15 by ModAustinPen; 112165 views.
Catniss (joy4jrd)

10/5/15

Good morning Mary,

So good to hear u are still with us. Penny is right, we need to stay close and support one another. I myself have a a few manic episodes.

Visit more often we need you here.

Carl, you are too kind kissing_heart (((hugs)))

Growingyoung

10/6/15

Hi everyone.

I'm new here, kind of. 

I have been reading all your comments and just haven't joined in because for some technical reason it wouldn't let me post, but that is now fixed and I wanted to introduce myself.

I have been smoke free for 8 days. End of Sept, so I'm sure you guys are far ahead of me. 

I don't really miss cigarettes, I just miss feeling normal, if that makes sense. I think I expected to already feel back in the swing of things, but I pretty much feel like it's day 3, without the cravings. I want that happiness to start, where I realise. it's the end of the day and I didn't think about being a smoker or not needing to the forum, because I just didn't think about it. 

Anyway, aside from this mild case of the blues, I am doing well. 

Still some triggers I am battling with, but hoping they will fade.

My first day of my quit I just sat in silence, reading online for about 18 hours. I kind of feel like I am still in a bit of that comatose state. Just sitting waiting to be able to say "I quit" rather than "I'm trying to quit". Maybe now that I have officially joined here, I will feel like it.

Hope you are all doing well! Well done to everyone!

Thanks for listening,

Terri

profile:

35 year old female.

Smoked for 21 years

Previous quit attempts have been 3 months (horrible quit) and 7 months (loved it!!!)

Smoke free for 8 days 

youdi

10/6/15

Hi Terri,

Welcome to the forum... Very soon not smoking will be your new normal... Patience is the key... You need to have blind faith that a day will come when you will be free.. This blind faith will be your key to freedom... As you have quit twice before you already have some experience...  What was probably missing before was a quit support...  This forum is probably the best quit support in the world... everyone trying understand each other, help out each other, available to give you a shoulder to lean on when you need it...

Let us try our best to make this third attempt your final one  thumbsup  ... Please be active on this forum, whenever you get the thought of just one puff, post your message here and wait for three responses... Read, Read Read ... 

Lets get started on this beautiful journey of staying quit forever... 

kittymom413

10/6/15

Hi Terri,

So proud that you are sticking with your "quit"!!! I know it's hard, I've been smoking off & on (mostly on) since I was 14 years old. I actually quit once for about 4 1/2 years, but thought I could have "just one" That never works out.

This is a great place to come & talk about your quit as everyone is going through it with you!! I come to the forum everyday to pledge NOPE...Not One Puff Ever! I've found that if I do that every day it really makes a difference.

Let us know if you ever need anything, we're here for you.

((Hugs))

kittymom

Last cigarette 9/25/15 heart_eyes_cat

Hey Teri, 

Welcome!  I'm 33 and I smoked for 20 years.  Since I was 11.  I quit at 31 and stayed quit for a year.  Then I quit at 32 and stayed quit for another year.  Only a week or two relapse each time.  But enough to know that I want smobriety.  Glad you're here!  xo

Donewithit

10/6/15

Bleah..... I was involved in a fairly serious auto accident a few hours ago. I refused medical treatment, they wanted to take me to the hospital, I thought I was OK. Well, the pain has become sort of intense the last few hours, so I'm headed to the emergency room. Left side of my chest feels like I got beat with a baseball bat, I was struck on the drivers door

I only say this because if I'm a few days or what have you, I didnt want anyone to think I fell off the earth or anything lol. I can still NOPE from the hospital, if need be!

Be well, and hopefully Ill talk to all of you tomorrow!

And dont worry, Ill be fine honest. Just getting checked out

-Carl-

lm2015

10/7/15

Carl,

Please take care of yourself.  Keep us informed if you can.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  Hang in there.  You are strong and I'm sure you will be fine.  Just listen to the docs and recover.  OK?  We need you.

Laura

youdi

10/7/15

Oh god!... Sorry to hear that Carl... Hope that everything is ok and you will recover soon... 

kittymom413

10/7/15

Carl,

I am so sorry to hear that you're in so much pain.

Prayers for healing & a quick recovery

kittymom

Donewithit

10/7/15

Im home, nothing is broken or injured, thanks for your concern. Sort of a surreal thing, ya know? I got hit, broadsided really. Driver of the other vehicle got out of the car. I walked around and sort of glanced into his car. Pack of Salems on the drivers seat. Think to my self.... damn I could use one of them right now. But I didnt! Amazing, I'm basically on an adrenaline surge, in shock, and all I can think about is the stupid cigarettes. How could anyone think this isnt an addiction lol.

Really , really sore, but I will be OK. Cant go to the gym for a week, but I'll get past that. Could have been far far worse. I'm sure Ill be back on later, Im not a very good patient when it comes to relaxing :)

Have a great smokefree day!

Be well, be happy, be vigilant, and be smoke free!

-Carl-