About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Denim   General Chit-Chat

Started Sep-10 by alreadysick; 1662 views.
Denim50

Oct-14

Hey Molly, 

Thank you so much! It’s great hearing from you anytime. Thank you for your sweet message and look at you, celebrating fourteen months. This is so wonderful! We certainly went through a lot but it was worth it. Can’t believe how far we’ve all come. It’s amazing. We all did it though. It’s so great to get beyond it. How are you enjoying the first part of this season? I hope you’re still out having fun and enjoying the outdoors. I’ve still been trying to get the weight off I put on during it all. I’m wanting to return to my previous weight and thankfully I’m getting a lot closer to that goal. Yay! Few more and I’ll be there. lol. Keep in touch as you can and I hope you have a great week. Hugs. 

BlueDahlia29

Oct-15

Denim, your quit story is amazing and super inspiring.  Congratulations on over a year and a half and thank you for the support you've given me throughout this past year. You are amazing!

Rassister

Oct-16

HugsHey Denim,

Here I am again tonight!   It is therapeutic to get back on this ship that saved us and touch base with others.  Things have been quiet today.  I am still seeing people hanging out in the rain and cold.   The memories of so many years wasted.  We cannot go back though so I need to change my thinking.  I am sad to say that I have been witnessing addiction to nicotine for 11-13 year olds.  I have dealt with 3kids so far.  They are vaping.  The sad part is they are being punished however they are also suffering nicotine withdrawal.  No services available yet for kids this young.  It breaks my heart.   Just like when we were young, the companies have targeted teenagers with their advertising.   Parents seem shocked!   I’ll say goodbye for now.  Nice to “chat” with you again.  

Hugs.  

Denim50

Oct-19

Hey Blue, 

Thanks. It’s wonderful to see your message here and truly means so much to me. Your story is also amazing and inspiring. I’m sure it’ll help so many like us who didn’t succeed the first time they tried to quit. So glad you shared it with others. You are amazing too Blue! Huge congratulations to you too on your big day tomorrow. Can’t wait to celebrate that with you. We’ve supported each other and I’m so glad we have. Thanks. We got through it together. I remember when I joined and you were already here and offered your support. Look at this, we both have made it! I’m looking forward to seeing your beautiful and deserved key. What a roller coaster, but so worth it. I think you’re amazing too and... “YAY, YOU DID IT! GO BLUE!”  So happy for you! Hugs. 

P.S. Sent you a pm. 

• Edited October 19, 2019 9:48 am  by  Denim50
Denim50

Oct-19

Hey Marilyn, 

I agree, it is sad to see so many children doing that. Unfortunately, so many are. Not to mention the news stories around it. Some of them are horrifying. It’s a ____ shame. It is heartbreaking. I’m glad you were able to intervene with at least three of them though. Maybe it’ll be three more not doing it, we can only hope. Thank you for doing what you do and making a difference, but then I already knew how awesome you are.  

Hugs.  

• Edited October 19, 2019 10:12 am  by  Denim50