About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Weight Gain   Health Support and Encouragement

Started Oct-17 by alexisfree; 263 views.
alexisfree

Oct-17

So, I calculated it and I actually gained around 8.5 lbs from quitting - that's NOT THAT BAD.  I am just dramatic.  I'm happier today though b/c I lost weight this week - been following Weight Watchers.  I'm healthier and happier.  I still have a Reese's Cup every now and again - or two :)  BUT it's not like that first month of quitting - whew!

Ovivi

Oct-17

That’s not bad at all, Alex! Considering what you went through in that time, it’s pretty amazing.
I’ve just now started to allow my cupboard to get a little emptier too. I’m not replacing all those packs of mini Oreos, Ritz Bits, snickers minis, and I’m going back to healthier eating because I feel stronger in my quit now.
They were my crutch when I needed one, but now I want to taste fresh fruits and vegetables again! Lol
Brenda (1sept19)

Oct-17

Good for you, Alex.   I notice I am also eating better now, but still have a goodie every so often.  Isn't this what they call " moderation " ? By golly, I think it is....Look at us all getting so smart ! relaxed As Ovivi says, it's time for fruits and vegetables, in moderation , of course.

In reply toRe: msg 2
alexisfree

Oct-17

Thanks Guys!  Yeah, we gotta switch to the fruits and veggies...I don't know about you guys, but I actually FEEL better eating healthier.  I do still have a treat every day, but it is smaller.  :)  Moderation - yeah Brenda!  I never knew that word before.  ALL or NONE - that was how I lived my life.  It doesn't seem to work out that great though.  Haha.

Brenda (1sept19)

Oct-18

alexisfree said:

ALL or NONE - that was how I lived my life.  It doesn't seem to work out that great though.  Haha.

No, it sure doesn't, Sweety.  Wish I had learned some of this years ago.  Oh well, there's not a thing I can do about the past, so we move forward.  Works in progress......

Yay! 8.5 is way more manageable than a gajillion!   stuck_out_tongue_winking_eyepurple_heart

I think that's about where I ended up too. Now that I'm actually feeling hunger again, it's easier to do the moderation thing. I was letting my brain tell me when I should eat, which was a terrible idea. Now I just need to get hubby to stop bringing me Taco Bell. ;p

alexisfree

Oct-22

Lol!  I love Taco Bell!!