About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SOS   Quit Support

Started Oct-17 by KalyaRed; 4187 views.
KalyaRed

Nov-8

Hi Johnson! 

That's why bonsais are known as a way to work your patience, isn't it? They require a lot of it. I don't think they change immediately. I think you make little changes day by day and with time you see the difference. Come to think of it, it's a great metaphor for quitting! 

Since my relapse I must confess I don't think I have ever been more resolved to quitting. Relapsing frustrated me yes, but I also found out how much of a lie smoking is in the sense that it doesn't do absolutely anything for you. I didn't feel any relief or kick or anything.

I stopped having those dreams lately. I just don't feel like smoking ever. I've come to see it as a stupid habit... I watch my friends and the way they go through cigarettes, one, two, three, how quickly they end and how quickly they feel forced to light another one. 

My app congratulated me the other day on 1000 cigarettes avoided. Can you imagine?? 

How about you? How have you been feeling with your quit? 

JohnsonFu

Nov-8

Hi Kalya

I must say I am feeling the same as you. I really doesn’t make any difference. I don’t feel good at all. And the craving comes when I have nothing to do or think about. 
I am Glad that your dreams have stopped and you sound more firm on the quitting process. U Guess the  relapse is a blessing in disguise. 
so much more money for us to enjoy. I have save almost $1,200. 

I have yet research into grooming a bonsai. Haha gotta check it up over the weekend which is tomorrow. Hope it doesn’t dried up or too much of watering  

what about u? Starting any new hobby? 

KalyaRed

Nov-8

Hi Johnson 

Did I understand correctly? You said you don't feel good at all? 

I haven't been searching for a hobby because I came down with a terrible cold this last week. It's been hard to breathe and talk for 8h a day at work so thank God I quit. I would be feeling even worse if I smoked! 

So my hobby has been more or less finding creative ways to manage through the day! It's been keeping me busy alright joy

JohnsonFu

Nov-9

Hi Kalya, 

Not sure what to feel as I am constantly having dream Everyday. The dreams ain’t bad dreams but I am having them Everyday. 

I am still constantly doubting my health.

omg are u feeling better now from the cold/flu? 
yeah smoking really doesn’t help improves the situation. I’ll pray you and for u to find a new hobby :)! 

Still in the midst kicking cigg butt

KalyaRed

Nov-9

Hi Johnson! 

Quitting does give you vivid dreams! Just as long as they aren't bad I think they're your subconscious processing information! 

Do you have the possibility to schedule a doctor's appointment? It would be good to talk to them about all the symptoms. 

I think I'm going back to meditation. That used to help me a lot!