About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

When do you start to feel normal?    Quit Support

Started Nov-3 by Lainie (elaineadele); 772 views.

When do you start to feel normal again?

Brenda (1sept19)

Nov-4

I have told myself that it may take a year or more to feel "normal".  I feel much better at 2 months than I did at 2 weeks, but it will be a gradual process.  I don't think we can rush it, it will happen at it's own pace.  I smoked for 46 years, so if it takes a year or more, that's okay.  I also know that I will always be an ex-smoker and all it will take is just one to awaken the addiction again.  As they say on this site, " Quitting is a process, not an event".  You are worth however long it takes to get free.

alexisfree

Nov-4

Congratulations on 2 months Brenda!!!  You're a light in my life kissing_heartheart

Brenda (1sept19)

Nov-5

Awww, thank you, Sweety.  How is life treating you ?  

alexisfree

Nov-5

Honestly, it sucks right now.  I’m completely overwhelmed.  But I know, this too shall pass.  So I’m just hanging on.

Ovivi

Nov-5

I’m sorry you have so much on your plate, Alex! Moms have to be everything to everybody, don’t they? And on top of it all you have to take care of yourself and your quit!  I think you deserve an award .

Brenda (1sept19)

Nov-6

I am sending great big hugs to you !!  Is there any thing you can eliminate from your load or have you taken time for yourself lately ?   I think when we smoked we felt we were always giving ourselves a reward and now we don't.  So maybe we need to find our new reward, just something good for us.  relaxed  I agree with Ovivi that you should get an award, you have a lot on your plate.  Try to do something real nice for yourself soon.  You deserve it. 

Image result for world's greatest mom images

alexisfree

Nov-6

Thanks so much to both of you. Yeah I think I’m going to quit my other job that I work on the weekends in order to have some sanity. I’m just worried about the money situation but I know God will provide. So I may give my two weeks notice to that other client this weekend. I’ll be in prayer about it. Brenda thank you so much for that award that means the world to me. My four-year-old is testing us constantly and it is very hard right now to maintain my cool. And my six-month-old is up coughing almost every night because of some virus she caught at the daycare. This morning it was from 2 AM to 4 AM and then I have to get up at 5:30 AM in order to go to work.  At the end of the day I am truly blessed, it’s just a matter of recognizing that and staying in gratitude. I also went to my dermatologist and got a prescription shampoo so I would stop being so itchy so that will help. And I’m going to talk to my doctor on Monday to see if I can get back on Wellbutrin to see if that helps with my depression and anxiety. There might be some postpartum depression going on as well.  Learning to live life without the things that we are addicted to is hard, but it is possible. I just have to breathe and take it one moment at a time. Hopefully my hamstring is starting to heal so I can start walking again, I know that will help with my mood. Additionally, I have eaten healthy today which I think is helping and drank more water.  Thanks again for the love and support it definitely means a lot. I need to go and pay it forward to the people who are just now trying to quit because I know they’re having a harder time than me. Self-pity is a b$&@#!  Glad I have healthy coping mechanisms and tools today to reach to and get back to sanity.

CC to Ovivi
  • Edited November 6, 2019 11:54 am  by  alexisfree
Ovivi

Nov-6

You’re a person that tends towards positive reflection and that’s a huge gift, Alex.

When times get extra tough remember there are a bunch of us in this world that are thinking about you, rooting for you, and are here every day to hear whatever you need to say!

Deluz

Nov-7

Your mind set is solid! I am inspired.