About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I did it!   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Nov-9 by Deluz; 727 views.
Deluz

Nov-9

Hi November quitters, or shall I say those who chose to say yes to a healthy life starting November 2019?

I had a major challenge today that intensely provokes my psychological urge to smoke. I felt lonely and isolated. A friend I was really looking forward to seeing flaked out on our plans tomorrow, the friend I was supposed to see today was sick, and I cancelled a date I was supposed to go on because the person did not communicate clearly with me. Given I just moved out to the country and am already having way less social contact than in the past, I was already lonely feeling. I DID NOT SMOKE! I even had to get gas and did not buy cigarettes. I remembered to breathe deep, I remembered smoking would not help, I remembered I would be stuck as ever if I smoked, I remembered how awful (not confident, smelly, ashamed, scared for my health, headache, and gross) I felt the day before I quit, and I just cried and snuggled with my dogs and went into the woods and by the lake and cried again and had overwhelming loneliness. And it passed. Super proud of myself!!!!!!!!

In reply toRe: msg 1
SusanK1960

Nov-9

Hi,

You should be very proud and I am proud of you! Way to keep the quit!

Jonny84

Nov-10

So Proud of You!!!!!!!!!!  Great job!  

Haajas75

Nov-10

thumbsupthumbsup uupuuuupuuupuuuupuupuuuuuuuupuuuu

MarkOU812

Nov-10

You should be proud. WELL DONE.

turtles

Nov-10

You are the non smoker that the forum lives for.  Sometimes it is really really hard not to smoke, and many on here just fold so quickly as soon as circumstances or desire get tough.   You showed the power of will as it can be if we really want to do something or not do something.  A heartfelt supreme congratulations on beating the devil down no matter what it takes!!!!

quit April 1, 2019

In reply toRe: msg 3
Brenda (1sept19)

Nov-10

Good for you, very proud of you !! relaxed

Neats (1146)

Nov-10

Be proud of yourself and learning to deal with life situations with out resorting to smoking. I am almost 4 years smoke free and cqn now see how much we depended on the smoke screen in our life to mask what we had to deal daily. 

Stay strong you can do this. 

Belinda2019

Nov-10

Super proud of you too relaxed

It’s incredible how we used the smokes to mask our feelings from ourselves, isn’t it?

You're a legend! NOPE relaxed