About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Eight days smober   General Chit-Chat

Started Nov-10 by Redmare57; 162 views.
Redmare57

Nov-10

Greetings.  My name is Paula and I’m 8 days smober.  I started smoking at age 19 and am now 62.  My longest quit was 7 years.  Eight days ago I started coughing and wheezing so threw out my smokes and put on the patch. Twelve hours later at 1:30 am I couldn’t breathe so drove myself to the ER. 

I was discharged after 4 hours.  Chest X-ray was negative for pneumonia.  Diagnosis was acute bronchitis.  I was given 2 Albuterol treatments and 60mg of Prednisone in the ED with a 5 day script of Prednisone.  Monday I saw my primary physician who gave me another breathing treatment, along with a home nebulizer to use every 4-6 hours.  I was not released to go back to work for 7 days.

Scared straight.  Scared of not smoking,  but the fear of living my life unable to breathe is even scarier.  I have friends who love me, and a cat and a horse that I love and want to enjoy.  I want to be healthy for my friends and family.

According to my quit o meter I’ve saved over $80, not smoked over 100 cigarettes, and haven’ t wasted over 1,000 minutes.

Take care everyone. 

Paula

Ovivi

Nov-10

Welcome, Paula! 
I hope you’re breathing better.  Congratulations on making a great decision to place yourself and your health above the addiction to nicotine! 
Wishing you happier days ahead.

Brenda (1sept19)

Nov-10

Good to have you with us, Paula.  Hope the breathing is improving and a big congrats on your quit.  Take it one day at a time and stick close to the forum.  You can do this.

SusanK1960

Nov-10

Hi Paula,

Hopeful you are feeling much better, both breathing and nicotine free!  If you need help, information, etc. this is the place to look/ask.  

Susan