About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tomorrow is the day   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Nov-10 by StaceyHare; 865 views.
StaceyHare

Nov-10

Hi everyone. So I have chosen tonight at 10:00pm to be my quite date. I tried last year and went 80 hours before I self sabotaged myself. I will be successful this time. I’ve never been on a forum before and I hope that support will help. I’m not telling my husband that I’m quitting because he was not supportive last time and I don’t want to have that additional pressure. Thank you for listening.

SusanK1960

Nov-10

Hi Stacey,

Welcome!  I am happy to hear you will be joining the journey to being a not smoker!  One day at a time is how I roll.  I have rolled 28 days.

Read everything about the addiction, breathe, and keep this forum handy for support, info and new friends who are not smoking.

You can do this!

Susan

StaceyHare

Nov-10

Thank you. Wow 28 days. Congratulations.

Haajas75

Nov-10

My first on this site as well 14 days today....longest I've ever quit in 27years...and final time....good luck and can say reading all this post helped me considerably...husband not supportive I don't understand but that's because my wife wasn't either I quit cold turkey doing great day 8 she brings me home a juul I say no thanks......but I think that's a different thread :-)

Good luck we got this!!!!

MarkOU812

Nov-10

Good for you Stacey, you got this. 

MarkOU812

Nov-10

Welcome Haajas

Congrats  on 2 weeks. 

SusanK1960

Nov-10

Thanks.  You will be there soon, one day at a time....

SusanK1960

Nov-10

Hi Haajas,

Welcome to you as well!  How wonderful you are on day 14! 

Keep going and you have friends here to support you.  We are all on the same journey at different times, so plenty of understanding, sympathy, advice, support is here.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Susan

Shararoe

Nov-11

Hi Scacey

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your quit. I didn't tell anyone at all that I am quitting i am on my 29th day of my quit and doing ok hang in there and do what ever u have 2 do 2 protect your quit. It is going 2 b so worth it 2 be nicotine free.

Brenda (1sept19)

Nov-11

Welcome Stacey, How are you doing today ?