About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Icky 3’s   Quit Buddies Unite

Started Nov-10 by Lainie (elaineadele); 293 views.

Does it really get better after the 3rd month?

SenseiShido

Nov-11

It gets better every day.  It may not feel like it at the time, but yes.  You will count days, sometimes hours.  You will get hit from out of nowhere with a crave and then it will pass.  There will come a time where you will go..."Wow I didn't think about smoking once yesterday"  or "Wow i forgot about smoking for the last 2 hours"  You will go to a movie and sit though it and when it is over you will leave the theater and wonder....wow I didn't want to smoke halfway through the movie.

Yes it does get better and a little easier.

AsadAKhan

Nov-13

yes it does. However sometime it goes a bit over 3 month as in my case I will say I got peace at around 3.5/4 months. 

alreadysick

Nov-15

It did not for me. I am at about the 4.5 month mark and am finally feeling some peace. I'm not totally without thoughts and still have some cravings. I think it is definitely different for all individuals. Time is the best defense we have. Take it day by day. 

Michele

Killed the beast 7/9/19

Just wondering, when you say you felt peace, wasit all at once or gradually?