About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Still alive and smober   General Chit-Chat

Started Nov-13 by alreadysick; 386 views.
Msg 5272.1 deleted
Brenda (1sept19)

Nov-13

Good for you, Michele.  This is definitely a personal journey for us all but the support is a big help.  Wishing you all the best with however you get to freedom. 

Haajas75

Nov-13

Yeah I have angry Don't give sh*t attitude but I'm also 17 day clean from my addiction and everyday is better .... dizziness spell yesterday feel great today it's almost a I interesting event just try guess what you'll feel like an hour/day from now

Keep up good fight

Nope

Denim50

Nov-13

Hey Michele, 

So happy to see you back and still smoke free. That’s wonderful and congratulations on four months! I’m glad to hear that you’re finding some improvement and that ‘small amount of peace’. I’m glad that you’re finding what works for you also. Please do take care of yourself and continue to do what you feel you need to do to get through this. All of us are cheering you on. It took a lot of strength to get beyond all of those triggers you faced on your vacation, and to ride the roller coaster quitting often presents, and still hold on but you did it. We’re all proud of you and are here for you, cheering you on. I’m happy you got your account straightened out and that you let us know how you’re doing. It’s great to see you back posting. You are helping yourself and inspiring others.This congratulations is a bit late but again, congratulations to you on four months smoke free!  Sending warm thoughts and good wishes to you as you continue forward on your non-smoking journey. Hugs.   

sweetstuff76

Nov-14

Happy you got the issues with your account resolved and are back . 
sounds like you’ve benefited from a little time to yourself too and things are getting a little easier . Of course you have to do this your way , people respond and offer support and advice because they care about you in the hope that something they say offers you a little hope and comfort , you take on board what’s beneficial and you disregard what you feel isn’t , just know we all care and are going through the same hell . I think With your morning being easier you will find that anger decrease and the mood lift a little now .

Quit July 23rd 2019

June2019

Nov-15

Good to see you posting again & it's good to hear you are sticking to your quit regardless of the challenge. everyone has to overcome  their own issues associated with this addiction. 

I think I cursed and cried through most of my Sept/4th month: looking back it had everything to do with having to face a few life challenges that just happened to pop up during my 4th month by which time I thought the worst was past....well, the 'worst' (aka 1st few days & weeks) was but I craved a nicotine high daily during my 4th month & felt like a loser for it.

but you didn't cave and that makes you a winner, lady. wishing you strength & peace

June2019 puff free since 6/7/19