About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Quit smoking    Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started 11/14/19 by Arielle2019; 586 views.
Arielle2019

11/14/19

Hi all, my name is Arielle.

This is the first time posting in this group.

I quit smoking on the 13th of october 2019. Usually the worst symptoms disappear after about 14 days. This time around has been challenging to say the least. My frustration is off the charts, why are the symptoms not subsiding and what can I about it? 

Thanks all, looking forward to sharing this journey with you :-) 

Belinda2019

11/14/19

Hi Arielle

Welcome to you, another October not smoker, well done!! And you’re already on your 1 month star, go you!!!

Have a read around the forum, so much great info on quitting and how to stay quit..

I had an awful day yesterday, I literally had to sit on my hands and keep repeating NOPE, NOPE, NOPE....much better today, although I am a bit grumpy....

I find drinking water, going for a walk, repeating NOPE, coming in here and reading everybody else’s stories really helps  And makes me feel not so alone

Congratulations on your 1 month milestone (mine will be on Sunday), you’re a STAR dizzy 

Arielle2019

11/14/19

Thank you for the warm welcome Belinda , it feels nice not having to do this on my own. 

Walking more and drinking lots of water sounds like a plan

Keep up the great work, Sunday will be here before you know it

SusanK1960

11/14/19

Hello there Arielle,

Congratulations on 1 month quit!

Have you ever read Allen Carr-Easy Way to Quit Smoking?  I included the link:

http://prdupl02.ynet.co.il/ForumFiles_2/15119301.pdf

This has helped with my frustration and depression.

Arielle2019

11/14/19

Thanks Susan, will check it out straight away

MDunn1088

11/14/19

I'm still working with the two weeks and it's exceptionally bad now on week two. I'm hoping week 3 and 4 are not as bad. But I definitely think reading other's stories and interacting with the fine folks here will help you stay smoke free. Not one puff ever! You can do it! 

Arielle2019

11/14/19

The fact that you had the courage to quit and that you have maintained it instead of relapsing is fantastic, keep going! Taking the leap and leave the addiction behind can be very scary.

I am one of those serialquitters and usually it gets easier after about 14 days. This time around I am just so angry. I consider myself a peaceful person so not sure where all this anger is coming from and why I cannot seem to let it go? For the past few days I have seriously wondered what is wrong with me. It is really nice to find this group, not having to go through this by myself. 

MarkOU812

11/14/19

Hi Arielle. Yeah, I have a twin. 

10/13/2019 I stopped poisoning myself.

For me slowly got better, but agree last several days I have been easily irritated. Been trying to direct the anger at the addiction. Give it a few choice names and tell it to get out of my head. What do you say? Let's just stomp through this. Before we know it it will be a memory. This is my 1st quit over 24 hours and I have no intention of going thru this again. All those previous quits you had were education to get you here to your final quit. Keep the faith.

Mark

Arielle2019

11/14/19

Thanks, that actually helped. Getting angry at the addiction instead of blaming myself.

Embarrassed to admit it but I have been feeling sorry for myself at the same time as it's been difficult for my family and friends to be around me. I choose to get angry at the addiction instead.

Also, this has - by far- been the most difficult time to quit. This just makes me more determined not to smoke again so it's actually a good thing NOPE 

Thanks for sharing your story and your quitting date with me.

SusanK1960

11/14/19

My quit date is also 10/13/19.

That makes us Three to be Free.