About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

1 Month, such a Relief   Dots and Stars Milestones

Started Nov-17 by Belinda2019; 374 views.
Belinda2019

Nov-17

I’ve woken up today feeling like a fog has lifted blush

Im so happy to have reached this stage. 6 years ago (2013), I’d made it to 3 months, then my marriage ended. A year before that (2012), I made 6 almost 7 months and we went on an overseas trip - at the time I justified re starting as ‘I’ve never flown as a non smoker before’ (in fact I had, when I was about 13 years old, so it was just a cop out really). Those were my last two ‘win at all costs’ attempts. There have been several other attempts lasting two or three days since then, and then I found this forum.

It is so much better doing this with support from people who ‘get it’. And I am so grateful for each and every one of you revolving_hearts Thank you all so much for being here....

I am grateful for every smoke-free second

NOPE

dizzy

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Nov-17

Hi you have a star......congratulations. it is all upwards from here

Viv

Quit 24 Aug 19

Belinda2019

Nov-17

Thank you so much Viv blush

How are you getting on today? Have the fires worsened? 

NOPE 

dizzy

Love your star! Congrats! Be very proud to be a quitter. Now keep up the great job! No more looking backwards only forwards one day at a time smoke free and proud! Show that nicotine monster that you are in charge and chose to stay a quitter as you don't need cigarettes ever again. Keep on smiling!

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Nov-17

The fires up here have not worsened but there is still heavy smoke hanging around.  Do you have fires around you. 

I have a cough and I was mystified as to where it came from as I am nearly 3 months quit.     I am just a dumb Aussie...It took a while to register that the cough came from all the smoke hanging around.

Do hope for the sake of those in the fires that it abates soon.

Talk later.

Viv

Quit Aug 24. 2019

Belinda2019

Nov-18

Oh lol Viv, you are so funny joy

Most of the fires around here are under control, the weather has cooled and the wind has dropped. There’s still burning around Hillville - weird to see that great plum of smoke pouring out of the side of the hill. Must admit it was quite eerie driving up Pacific Hwy to work, everything black and dead. The smoke is still hanging around too, hopefully that all clears soon. I don’t think the danger is past yet, I think they’re still forecasting severe - extreme fire risks. 

Here’s hoping they don’t come back xx

48yrsmokin

Nov-18

Way to go Belinda !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I too am celebrating the 1 Month. Doesn't feel like you accomplished something this time. Most other quits.it was yea I made it a month. This time it's YEA I made it a month And I'm not going to get turned Around Thanks everyone in this forum for that.

Arielle2019

Nov-18

Sending my prayers to all effected by the Bush fires ????

Belinda2019

Nov-18

It is a good feeling, isn’t it? Thank you so much for your words, they’ve given me a real lift - I woke up in such a mood today lol. But I realise that a little over a month ago I would have reached for the cancer stick to stuff it down, now I’m embracing it and doing as Mark suggests, aiming it towards the nico demon! But dang, I wish I’d never picked one up to start with. Sometimes, during a meditation, I’ll go back to the first time I smoked a cigarette with my brother and ask myself what the heck I’m thinking, and remember how awful it tasted, how giddy and sick I felt.....I find that can really help when I’m having a ‘moment’

Hope you’re having a good day!

Belinda seized the day 17th October 2019 dizzy

Belinda2019

Nov-18

Thank you so much heartbeat