About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

1st Day   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Nov-17 by SeaLight23; 406 views.
SeaLight23

Nov-17

Hello everyone,

I have just joined this forum after reading a lot of the tips ,posts and information. Still need to read more. 

Introducing myself , I have been smoking on and off for 45 years and have stopped many times . Writing that down sounds awful . I think many of those times I was attempting this out of panic and not realising this was a process as opposed to an event . Everyone seems so supportive and kind on this forum and I was hoping that by reading and posting here , I can make myself accountable and stop giving in when an uncomfortable feeling flows over me .  Today , I'm going to push through the fear . I have mantras reading to read . I really want to do this . Thanks for reading.

Belinda2019

Nov-17

Hi SeaLight and Welcome :)

So you're on your first day? Hang in there, it will get easier for you. Read around, chat to some one, ask loads of questions if you need to. We're all here to help each other along and remember NOPE - Not One Puff Ever :) 

Hope you have a great day.

Lovely to meet you 

Belinda

Seized the Day 17th October 2019

NOPE 

Brenda (1sept19)

Nov-17

Welcome and make yourself at home.  Congrats on quitting, best thing you could do for yourself.  Take it one day at a time, be kind to yourself and you will find your freedom.  Stay close to the forum, we are all here for you.

SeaLight23

Nov-17

Thank you Brenda. I've smoked my final cigarette.

SeaLight23

Nov-17

Thank you Belinda. I'm reading and making my way around the forum . I have no cigarettes or tobacco in the house so not smoking for the rest of the day . How is it going for you ? 

MarkOU812

Nov-17

Hi SeaLight

Congratulations and welcome to your new life as a non smoker. You are quite right this is a journey. The journey does not start easy. We all have to go thru it, but we don't have to go it alone. Rest assured it does get easier. One day at a time. I'm 5 weeks quit today, after 39 years, 2pack a day. Using the patch, go to step 2 this week. Many ask when will I feel normal? I started smoking at 15, long forgot what a normal smoke free life feels like. All I know is I feel better then I did 5 weeks ago and certain I will feel even better 5 weeks from now. So hang in there and keep the faith.

10/13/2019 I stopped poisoning myself 

Mark

SusanK1960

Nov-17

Way to go SeaLight!  You have taken the first BIG step and overcome your fear!  

You chose the right place to support yourself in the quit!

Welcome!

Not smoking as of 10/13/19.

Belinda2019

Nov-17

So far, so good for me this morning SeaLight - I’m in Australia so a little bit ahead of you time wise. I’m getting ready for work after an impromptu week off due to the bushfires which I live quite close to....! 
I hope your day is going well - you’ve got this!

SeaLight23

Nov-17

Hi Mark . Thanks for reply . It feels better just having support . I'm on patches too. Too chicken to go 'cold turkey' !! 

SeaLight23

Nov-17

Thanks Susan . Yes I did feel it was fear and kept putting it off so I re- read parts of 'Feel the Fear and do it Anyway ' from Susan Jeffers . Well done on your quit !