About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Some Days are Bad   Quit Support

Started Nov-18 by Tjs1599; 783 views.
Tjs1599

Nov-18

I am 18 days quit today and for the first time I thought I would give in.....You try and occupy yourself when the urge comes on right?...I went out to rake leaves.  All was going great..breathing fresh air.  Raking big piles.   Got the blower out and was making great head way.   4 big bags of leaves down.   Urge to smoke was gone. Life was great.

I noticed I had missed of few piles of doggie do.....so I got them picked up.    THAN it happened...last bag of leaves to pick up. Without noticing I had dragged the bag through a very messy pile of doggie do....Picked up the bag and the next thing I knew I had it all over me.  My hands, my face, down my legs......Instant irritation.  Big trigger.  I thought just breathe....Well as you can imagine I couldn't just breathe through it for obvious reasons.  I just started laughing at the thought I couldn't breathe through this.....laughing worked.  (as well as the hot shower).  I made it through.  Some days are just going to be bad.  Try laughing.  

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Nov-18

What a situation.  I probably would have smoked.  Well done.

Viv

Brenda (1sept19)

Nov-18

Tjs1599 said:

I made it through.  Some days are just going to be bad.  Try laughing.  

Very proud of you!!  You took a shi@#y situation and came through it a winner.  sunglasses 

SusanK1960

Nov-18

LOL!  Great advise about laughing!

• Edited November 23, 2019 7:19 pm  by  SusanK1960
BlueDahlia29

Nov-20

Nice job getting through that and congratulations on 18 days.

48yrsmokin

Nov-23

Good job TJs Thats a great story all except for the dog dodo. Great outcome I was laughing with you!!!!   What else can you dodo. LOL Keep the faith. Your doing what I've been doing to quit All kinds of odd jobs around the house. I've gotten more things done around here during my quit then I could imgine. Hate dang leaves always a bad season. Now fighting leaves between snow and melt times in Indiana

lm2015

Nov-23

Viv,

Good see you here again.  I don't get on very often at all any more.

I know you were doing quite well and then had a relapse, but at least you are moving forward again.

Good luck,

Laura

February 18, 2015

lm2015

Nov-23

Blue,

One year for you.  Congrats.  I remember how many times you were here and gone.  Much too many to count.  But now you are past a year.  Don't give up for anything now and keep moving forward.

Laura

February 28, 2015

In reply toRe: msg 7
VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Nov-23

Hi Nice to hear from you.    It is 24th November 2019 here in Aussie and I am 3 months quit.      Not about to throw this quit away.

Viv

SusanK1960

Nov-23

Hi Viv,

Congratulations on not smoking for three months.  Awesome!