About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

EFT For Cravings   Quit Support

Started Nov-27 by Belinda2019; 457 views.
Belinda2019

Nov-27

Hi Everyone (mods please delete if not allowed)

I’ve used EFT (emotional freedom technique, or ‘tapping’) a couple of times for anxiety in the past and found them quite helpful. 

Anyway, this morning I woke up with cravings (nico demon having a go) - habitual ones, as it’s been 6 weeks so the physical cravings are gone. I’m under a bit of emotional stress atm, so it’s probably no surprise that junkie ‘just one’ thinking has raised its ugly head today. 

Literally felt a bit like I was going out of my head with the feeling, when I remembered the EFT, so I had a look on YouTube, found one, and did it. It was a short - 2 minutes max - one, and it’s been incredible. I literally watched nico demon fly away on its evil nicotine coloured wings.

Just thought I’d share as it might be another tool to help us all through revolving_hearts

NOPE

Seized the Day 17th October 2019

dizzysunflowersunflower

bejolly

Nov-27

Belinda, thanks for sharing this. I’ve not heard of this before and just watched a YouTube video.  Looks like a great tool.  I am eager to give it a try. 

Bjolly

Belinda2019

Nov-27

It can’t hurt to try - at the very least all of that tapping will fulfil one of the ‘Ds’ - distraction joy

48yrsmokin

Nov-29

WOW BELINDA tHIS IS WHY i GET ON THIS SITE. Your the same quit day as I am And your talking about the same thing I'm going thru. Your emoji says it all everytime I see it.  But I will be going to this site your talking about.  I.ve been looking for some way of getting that release from the headplayer and I've been looking into a Massage as a body and mind release of the tension. but I'm going to try your idea first. Comeon GIRL lets stay the course and stay strong we can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Belinda2019

Nov-29

Lol my emoji I picked it because that’s EXACTLY how a craving feels to me, and I was having them back to back that entire day

Good luck with the EFT and let’s keep on NOPE-ing!!

Triff (breathefree)

Nov-29

Hi Belinda  I to used FT and would often be at the lights in the car going tap tap tap on my chest to keep calm.I also found it really helps.Another thing was to lie down on the floor and breathe deeply.You will get there one not smoke cig at a time.

Triff

Belinda2019

Nov-29

Hi Triff, thank you so much for your positive encouragement - it means a lot. I did it a couple of times the other day, and I feel that it does make a difference. And it’s great to delay and distract blush

June2019

Dec-2

So glad you found something that worked & remembered to use it! I've never heard of EFT-tapping, but am bookmarking this for future reference!

Stay strong-