About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

January 2020 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started Dec-3 by ModDee; 27091 views.
Jatchat

Jan-20

How are you going Overdoz?

Saw my counselor today and she was generally pleased with my efforts to conquer the weed, I blew a six on the CO monitor, so that wasn't bad, will not be able to see her for another two weeks Public Holiday next Monday here in Australia. I  also connected with Quitline here in Australia a phone service, I can ring them anytime 24X7, there's plenty of support here  in Aussie to kick the weed. Bought another pack of patches and some gum to get me over the next fortnight. So I'm digging in for the fight. I have to make quitting a priority in my life or I wont get anywhere, Patience with the process. it is not an outcome I am looking for but a way of life.

I trust you are well

Kind regards

Anthony

overdoz

Jan-20

Sounds good. Im in my second day of no eating (fasting) i messed up Saturday, cause under stress i bought a pack had a few and then tore them up and threw them away. It sucks, to go through the same pain so many times. So when all goes to hell, i just decide to not eat for a day or two, went to the gym two times yesterday, getting out of my apartment to walk. Yeah thats my thinking, if your life sucks, stops eating...

Have a good day in Australia, its cold in Chicago today

Jatchat

Jan-20

Hi Overdoz, sorry to hear about your relapse, I have just realised by stopping and starting I am putting myself through Hell week over and over again, I have to stop this recycling. Fasting and gym work together and quitting sounds a bit much for my 70 year old body to be going through all at once, I will quit the smokes first and worry about the body later, but each to their own.

We had a cracker of a thunder storm yesterday afternoon, dropped over an inch of rain in 20 minutes. good for our lawn which is brown at the moment. Went for a walk yesterday after seeing the counselor, down town looking for some photographer books, might try the library next.

Sorry to hear your feeling crap, There's light around the corner I am sure. Take care

Kind regards

Anthony (46 hours)

overdoz

Jan-20

Thanks Anthony, im glad Australia got some much needed rain. Yes fasting, going to the gym and quitting smokes is a bit much. But i fast here and there, i did it this time more for mental clarity and a firmer commitment to quit since i relapsed Saturday night. Yes you are right hell week or the first hell day, sucks repeating. 

One thing at a time. 

Lizzie1979

Jan-21

Hi I’m hoping to join this group but unsure as to how to post without replying to a message, please could you help?

Hi Lizzie,

Welcome to the forum.  You just joined the January Ex-Smokers.  Stay with us and post and read-read -read all the articles you an find.  Good idea to begin at the very beginning of this thread and read through.

Lizzie1979

Jan-21

Thank you for your reply, I’ll have a read through x

Denim50

Jan-21

Hey Lizzie, 

Welcome and congratulations on your decision to quit smoking. I wish you the best as you move forward with your quit. Stay close, read, post, and join in. I’m happy you’ve decided to join us on the forum. You’ll find useful information, great support, and some wonderful quit buddies. So settle in, get comfortable, and I look forward to seeing you around the forum.  

As to the question you asked Marge, to post in the thread w/o it being a reply simply click the reply button, when the message box appears at the top of it you’ll see To: erase the user name that appears there and type ALL, then go ahead and type your message, when you’re finished click post as you normally would. Your message will be posted w/o being a reply. Hope this helps and hope you have a wonderful day. 

ModAndrea

Jan-21

Good Morning, Lizzie!

It will be helpful for you to read through this discussion from the beginning. In the first few posts, you'll find detailed information on how to navigate the forum, how to post, and more.

Reading through from there will help familiarize yourself with others in this discussion as well as excellent articles you won't want to miss.

Hugs,

Andrea

Lubbercat

Jan-21

Welcome to the Forum.  Have you actually started your quit, or just getting ready to start?  

I will reach 3 weeks quit at 1:30 today!  I have had numerous tries over the last 6 months but I intend for 2020 to be the year I don't touch a cigarette.

Good luck and feel free to post if you are in trouble.  I am on and off here during the day but, not as often as I would like.